Did Waltz really have a rich mine?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if its the same cave i'm thinking about..anyone that takes gold out of it wont live to see the end of the day...its got a nasty curse on it

Dave

Could be , if you take in consideration the many Aztec human sacrifices which were done for this purpose . There is not only one cave with gold . Actually should be three caves , with a different treasure each .
I believe Injunbro speaks about the cave that faces east . This cave is the older and is the most worshiped from the ancient times .

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave

Could be , if you take in consideration the many Aztec human sacrifices which were done for this purpose . There is not only one cave with gold . Actually should be three caves , with a different treasure each .
I believe Injunbro speaks about the cave that faces east . This cave is the older and is the most worshiped from the ancient times .

yes....there are at least 3 stories of caves with gold bars in the swa..

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I read a report that eighty (80) burros loaded with Vulture Mine ore were taken by Apache.
Mexican's workers the victims.
How much ore can one burro carry x 80 = ? pounds of Vulture Mine ore waiting to be recovered.

: )

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I read a report that eighty (80) burros loaded with Vulture Mine ore were taken by Apache.
How much ore can one burro carry x 80 = ? pounds of Vulture Mine ore waiting to be recovered.

generally speaking burro's are capable of carrying 200 lbs...so 80 burros should carry 8 tons

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
generally speaking burro's are capable of carrying 200 lbs...so 80 burros should carry 8 tons

On average, how much would gold would eight tons yield?

The burros were probably recycled and the ore dumped, somewhere along the way.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Hal,

Depends on the percentage of gold and other metals in the rock. I have gold ore here that seems fairly light, if you compare it to a gold bar. Dave would be the guy to answer that question......best.:notworthy:

Take care,

Joe

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

hal..there is no way to tell how much gold would be in the rock...vulture ore ran anywhere from 1/4 ounce per ton to hundreds of ounce per ton..even ore that was in the same batch will differ in gold content...i'm not sure i would believe that story unless it came from a pretty reliable source...the vulture mine had a mill onsite..they wouldn't have an reason to haul the ore away from the mine

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Can you recall where you read that report? Thanks in advance,
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROCKEFELLER IN PA AND JP MORGAN IN NYC

Standard Oil goes bankrupt and the Black Gold Rush then turns to another more sinister tale.......the Perilous Enterprise that the 30 found at Massacre Point worked for....

We're taking two very different time frames in History. Oil came way later. Floating time lines make for very good stories though...if you're a time traveler!
Attempts at making Waltz a KGC operative fall short.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Can you recall where you read that report? Thanks in advance,
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Sorry!
I recalled it as burros instead of mules and 80 as opposed to 60 or 63.

Without the article in front of me, I actually remembered and combined parts of two different stories.
Sound familiar?
Memory is vulnerable.

Fact check everything.

Indian Outrages
The evening telegraph. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1864-1918, September 28, 1869, FIFTH EDITION, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Indian Hostilities
Evening star. (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972, September 28, 1869, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Indian Depredations - Retribution
Nashville union and American. (Nashville, Tenn.) 1868-1875, September 29, 1869, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Eighth Calvary perused....
Fayette County herald. (Washington [Washington Court House], Fayette County, O. [Ohio]) 1860-1???, October 14, 1869, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

There are several other articles involving an 80 burro pack train.
http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/l...urros&y=0&x=0&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

Still, 60 or 63 mules loaded with Vulture ore sounds like a lot of gold.
And... were mules used to haul (pack) ore or to haul (pull with a wagon)?

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Sorry!
I recalled it as burros instead of mules and 80 as opposed to 60 or 63.

Without the article in front of me, I actually remembered and combined parts of two different stories.
Sound familiar?
Memory is vulnerable.

Fact check everything.

Indian Outrages
The evening telegraph. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1864-1918, September 28, 1869, FIFTH EDITION, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Indian Hostilities
Evening star. (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972, September 28, 1869, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Indian Depredations - Retribution
Nashville union and American. (Nashville, Tenn.) 1868-1875, September 29, 1869, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Eighth Calvary perused....
Fayette County herald. (Washington [Washington Court House], Fayette County, O. [Ohio]) 1860-1???, October 14, 1869, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

There are several other articles involving an 80 burro pack train.
The oasis. (Arizola, Ariz.) 1893-1920, February 06, 1897, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Still, 60 or 63 mules loaded with Vulture ore sounds like a lot of gold.
And... were mules used to haul (pack) ore or to haul (pull with a wagon)?

Thanks amigo and NO worries, heck I spent a couple of weeks hunting for a dead Joshua tree in an area that did not have a Joshua tree within 100 miles! <Due to some faulty memory> I was just curious if you could recall where you had seen that incident.

Unless the source is specific about wagons being used, I would think it is safe to assume they were being used as pack animals and not pulling wagons. I would also agree that would be a sizable amount of gold, since it would only be logical to reduce the ore to as much gold as possible, and as little waste rock.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
There was a story about some Mexicans high-grading some ore from the Vulture Mine after it closed. There was some decent pockets of ore left but not enough to go big & was being worked by a small outfit. The story goes a shaft collapsed, crushing them & no one bothered to dig out the bodies since the whole area is pretty unstable. There were a lot of Mexicans living in Wickenburg then & now so it could have happened. However if I recall correctly this was long after Walz's death so there's no connection w/ him or his gold. As far as Apaches taking it from them it could happen but none of my Apache contacts (some friends, some distant relatives) claim they weren't involved in any way. There are 3 Apache families living on a remote ranch north of there who would have done it if given the chance (still would today). They homeschool, speak Apache & avoid outsiders, when I spoke Apache to them once they looked startled then laughed & said I could hunt on their ranch if I wanted & even bring my belagaana bi'aa (white wife). We didn't go back, it's a weird area.

OP
OP
audigger53

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you ever get a map from an Indian in the Southwest, be advised that Dyslexia is very common.
That is why Indian School was opened in Phoenix, they weren't "stupid", they have Dyslexia, that's why they have Indian teachers teach young Indians as they understood Dyslexia before it was given exposure in the "Whiteman's world".
Most have photographic memories to compensate for being Dyslexic.

OP
OP
audigger53

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yes, I have first hand knowledge about this from friends that are Mexican and Apache mix.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
If you ever get a map from an Indian in the Southwest, be advised that Dyslexia is very common.
That is why Indian School was opened in Phoenix, they weren't "stupid", they have Dyslexia, that's why they have Indian teachers teach young Indians as they understood Dyslexia before it was given exposure in the "Whiteman's world".
Most have photographic memories to compensate for being Dyslexic.

One of the most interesting things that I have read on TNet.
Here are some facts about dyslexia.

• 70-80% of people with poor reading skills, are likely dyslexic.
  • One in five students, or 15-20% of the population, has a language based learning disability. Dyslexia is the most common of the language based learning disabilities.
  • Nearly the same percentage of males and females have dyslexia.
  • Nearly the same percentage of people from different ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds have dyslexia.
  • Percentages of children at risk for reading failure are much higher in high poverty, language-minority populations who attend ineffective schools.
  • In minority and high poverty schools, 70-80% of children have inadequate reading skills.
  • According to the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), 38% of all fourth grade students are “below basic” reading skills. They are at or below the 40[SUP]th[/SUP] percentile for their age group.
  • Nationwide 20% of the elementary school population is struggling with reading.
  • National Center for Education statistics, 5% of all adults are “non-literate”.
  • 20-25% of all adults can only read at the lowest level.
  • 62% of non readers dropped out of high school.
  • 80% of children with an IEP have reading difficulty and 85% of those are Dyslexic.
  • 30% of children with Dyslexia also have at least a mild form of AD/HD.

I am not sure about Dyslexia being more common among Native Americans. I would have to see some scientific proof of that one.
However, on the internet, other individuals have shared the same opinion (unsupported).

If race is a myth, the percentage of Native Americans with dyslexia should be between fifteen and twenty percent.
Just ekil all teh rest fo us.

Hla

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if somebody of the Apaches who covered the entrance to the sacred six rooms of gold bars which are above the spring and on the other side of the Holy Mountain , had Dyslexia .
Not how that would make a difference .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions