OutBack Duo
Hero Member
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2005
- Messages
- 925
- Reaction score
- 38
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Olathe, KS
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab SE PRO
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Federation of Metal Detector and Archaeological Clubs (FMDAC)
I have talked to quite a few people who have left the FMDAC for one reason or another. I want to let everyone know who has left the FMDAC that I am running for National President of the FMDAC this year and I want to hear from you. I want to hear what issues you have had and why you left. I want to know what I can do or change to make you want to come back. My election platform (the reason I am running) is to ensure 2 way communications between the FMDAC National Officers, Manufacturers, Clubs, Online Groups and Media and to grow our hobby. There are so many organizations and industries pertaining to our hobby and there is no reason we can't all talk and work together for the same goals. If I am elected President of the FMDAC I am going to push for a partnership between the Manufacturers, Treasure Hunting Magazines, Clubs, and Online Forums.
Please feel free to contact me through this post or my email address don@mymdforum.com
We all have so much in common we should all be working together and communicating.
Thanks!
Don Vickers
President
FMDAC/SW Chapter
I have talked to quite a few people who have left the FMDAC for one reason or another. I want to let everyone know who has left the FMDAC that I am running for National President of the FMDAC this year and I want to hear from you. I want to hear what issues you have had and why you left. I want to know what I can do or change to make you want to come back. My election platform (the reason I am running) is to ensure 2 way communications between the FMDAC National Officers, Manufacturers, Clubs, Online Groups and Media and to grow our hobby. There are so many organizations and industries pertaining to our hobby and there is no reason we can't all talk and work together for the same goals. If I am elected President of the FMDAC I am going to push for a partnership between the Manufacturers, Treasure Hunting Magazines, Clubs, and Online Forums.
Please feel free to contact me through this post or my email address don@mymdforum.com
We all have so much in common we should all be working together and communicating.
Thanks!
Don Vickers
President
FMDAC/SW Chapter


:P :P We all appreciate what you did, in those early formative years. I don't envy your job one bit. And you're right: sitting around doing nothing also doesn't stop arbitrary laws either. But you have to agree, that the un-intended consequence of fighting them, does trickle down to people in other places, with no problems, thinking they should stop in and ask police, gardeners, desk-clerks at city hall, etc... "can I?" I just wish there were some way to stop that psychology from happening.
But the laws have to be written that way, otherwise it's the "camel's nose in the door" dilemna for those in enforcement. There is no way the FMDAC can fight this, because the obvious implication, if such laws were repealed, is that people can just back up their trucks to any national or state park, and have a field day.
No not really, never joined.. That wazz funny huh? I think I would be the nerdiest.






