What's new

Didnt make it out yesterday - saved all my luck for today!

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to get out on Monday but my left hand looked like Mikey Mouses after Sunday hunt
wanted to get out at sunrise this morning and hit a fresh water spot - but just couldnt get up -
finally got up at 8am - too late for any fresh water spots near me - Soooo I checked saltwater tides
for surrounding states - picked a state - decided on a beach and off I went
took a little over 2 hrs to get there - arrived 2 hrs before low tide - strong winds :cussing:strong surf :angry5:
overcast - which I dont mind - means less people in the way
I knew I would not be able to get out as far as I would like - so I went in the shallows and worked
parallel to the shore - 10 yrds - got a quarter - another 10 yrds - another quarter - another 10 yrds
another quarter - at least I knew there were finds that were recent or missed - this beach is a recent drop spot
there are tons of guys that hit here - timing is everything
I could not decide if I should continue in my straight line or turn and work back - i turned back
I went out to just over waist deep and worked back to where i went in - I got a few more recent coin drops
when I got to the point where I had first entered - I again stopped and contemplated my next move - turn again and work
parallel or head in and grid in and out and work my way down - I chose to grid - good thing I did
I headed in towards a sand castle that I was using for my starting point - just as I got to knee deep water - i got a blast
-thought I had another fresh quarter - was surprised when I saw large gold ring in my scoop - quickly pouched it
I was only in the water 15-20 mins. Its nice to score early in a hunt - I continued to grid - i would go out about 10yrds - turn and work in etc. -I was getting at least one target in every pass - about 20 yrds down the beach from ring find - i got a blast in
about ankle deep water - it turned out to be a recent bottle cap - I checked the spot and got a reading about 1 foot away - figured it was another cap - i scooped with no expectations - looked in and saw gold rope chain in scoop with 2 small gold medals on it
WHOOHOO!!! - never expected it - was only about 10 mins after the ring
I looked back to where I came in and saw another detectorist enter where i had - had he gotten there before me - he would have had that gold ring probably - he started to grid in my direction and by the time I was 50 yrds more down the beach - he was on spot where I got the necklace - thats what I mean about timing - unless he comes here and reads this - he'll never know what he missed . he looked and saw me farther down beach working away from him and probably realize why he was not getting anything
- I saw him dig once as he went over area I did and that was cause he went out a little deeper in his pass than I did -he turned and headed the other way and eventually gave up at left
- I continued to get quarters here and there - came up with a stainless chain with cross - cross is marked -STER. - found earlobe ring not far away. Coins got few and far between - managed to get out a little deeper - but it was pretty quite out deep - before calling it a day - looked out in deep water and saw bill floating - snagged it and looked around for more - but that was it .
started to pour as I was gettin out - my day was over anyways and I was a happy hunter :icon_sunny:
chain is 14k - so are medals - about .497 oz troy
ring is 14k - small diamond tested real = .220 oz troy
rijul31.webp ri31jul.webp jul31ri.webp
 
Upvote 0
wow, awesome hunt! congrats
 
:wav:Fantastic hunting, Casper!!

Lorraine
 
Gotta love a day like that ,great finds
 
Awesome hunt. Great finds! You are having a great year. Congrats!
 
Beautiful finds...great story and great hunt...big congrats.
 
Good post......great finds!
 
Wow, well done! You've been doing great. Keep it up!
 
WOW!! You are on a roll!! Super detecting.
 
More crazy finds....I think you need to take the rest of the year off! lol :occasion14:
 
Your right, timing is everything on those heavily hunted spots. Nice finds.
 
Nice assortment of finds!
 
There's a dream day! Very sweet finds Casper!
 
Great day! hope the mickey mouse hand can carry all that bling!
 
WTG,,You are such a skillful hunter & like you said @ the right time:icon_thumleft:
 
Great finds and very nice so congratulation!!
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
wav.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom