FarmerChick
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 10, 2010
- Messages
- 2,069
- Reaction score
- 169
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- BH LoneStar
AT PRO
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Any preference and why?
Dhs old truck is leaking oil again, after the $400 fix we just did.....bleck
so instead of throwing more good money into a very old and used hard farm truck...we are looking to buy a new truck.
of course it will be a 2500 Heavy Duty for farm equip./travel trailer....but we are on the fence for diesel vs. gas.
hmmm....
wondering your thoughts
thanks
Dhs old truck is leaking oil again, after the $400 fix we just did.....bleck
so instead of throwing more good money into a very old and used hard farm truck...we are looking to buy a new truck.
of course it will be a 2500 Heavy Duty for farm equip./travel trailer....but we are on the fence for diesel vs. gas.
hmmm....
wondering your thoughts
thanks
I can say the diesel is quieter than the gas one, that sounds like a jet taking off every morning, as my neighbors can testify.
As far as I'm concerned, I'd go with gas unless I was a long haul trucker pulling heavy loads. Gas engines cost less to work on overall also, diesel repairs are pricey and less people know how to repair them. jmho









