E59
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 28, 2005
- Messages
- 455
- Reaction score
- 7
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- On the river bank
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Okay, so several years ago we bought a property which included a storage shed and it had a renter that owns a donations only store in which you can find almost anything. The renter is a strong crazy headed lady and I'll just say I'm a decently headed strong willed woman also. Due to some unforseen events they couldn't pay their rent-200 a month. I worked out a deal with her which was 50 in cash, 150 in store credit. I buy interesting things and resell them to make up for the difference they can't pay. I do have a weakness for gold jewelry and they get some real doozies in. I usually hang on to it but I did sell one piece which was a coral necklace for about 120 on ebay. Anyway, yesterday I went in and she had lots of fantastic loose gems ( I think a jeweler passed and the fam donated the gems) and she said she would no longer let me buy jewelry with credit. I was up to 550 dollars! I have never tried to buy everything she had, usually one piece, maybe two. Sometimes she doesn't even show it to me and acts all weird. So she gets out a fabulous opal that she knew I would fall for and said she would trade it for the cash part and I said okay. But here I am this morning, angry because I have hundreds of dollars to spend (she told me yesterday, don't tell my husband! He can't know it's up that high!) and I feel it's wrong of her to do that to me when I was nice enough to let them pay me with credit. The rash person in me wants to terminate even if I can't find another renter because it's 50 bucks, I own the building and a huge parking lot I can block them from using and all of their customers. What to do? I love going in there scouring for junk but I feel like she wants the upper had.
What would you do


What would you do



) so her hardheadedness can only bring her more problems. Maybe her husband is unaware of her little arrangement with you. Anyway, as has already been pointed out, you don't know what goodies she has hidden from you when you've gone in to "shop". Just make up a written rent agreement and get the cash each month.






