Diggin down south- Coppers, Colonial, + Confederate!

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys after some hard rains justbefore Christmas messed up my detecting plans i figured i would go have a look around a big colonial site of mine that has given up a few good relics. Well it didnt disappoint! got 2 matron head coppers one holed ithink its 1823 and the other is 1819 with heavy clash or break marks on the reverse. ended up with somedecent flat buttons but thereal take for the day was the VERY last signal which out came a heavily crusted 3 peice button which i jusr new was going to be a VA staff and wouldnt you know it it turned out very nice except for the front push. Extra quality backmark and tice's 261 Thanks For looking James Bibb
I got both Coppers on film with a live dig so stay tuned for video!.

Attachments

• P1070040.jpg
    P1070040.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 931
  • P1070043.jpg
    P1070043.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 931
  • P1070045.jpg
    P1070045.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 929
  • P1070049.jpg
    P1070049.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 948
  • P1070051.jpg
    P1070051.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 941
Upvote 0
Cranman said:
Wow, nice finds. What is the thing that looks like a nail? I think that looks pretty cool too!
I am almost certain its a colonial era Crochet/Knitting needle. Its of an alloy construction and it is cool!!

steelheadwill said:
Great Bunch of Finds!
love that openwork (button?)
Congrats on a nice Hunt :D
Thanks bud and yeah the open work is a button. it earned its way into a case for being unique. Thanks!

Nice finds James. That is a great collection of finds.

sweet hunt James! :headbang:

treasurehound said:
Nice finds James. That is a great collection of finds.
Thanks Randy HH

joeyfresh said:
Great finds James! I love colonial field finds.

Yes sir Thanks

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
sweet hunt James! :headbang:

Dave thanks bro youve been teRING IT up thiS YEAR

VOL1266-X said:
Nice Digs James. That's a nice VA button. HH, Quindy.

thanks Quindy soe nice lead you scored the other day as wel

This is a great post. The VA button is wonderful, the colonial knitting needle is first rate, and the "spider web" button is excellent.

Cheers,

Buck

:o Stunning variety of finds, JB!!! :notworthy: Wow, what a hunt!!

Congrats!! Nana :hello:

Terrific Post James :headbang: The knitting needle is First Rate as is the fact that you got a Virginia Button & couple coppers in the same 'sitting'. The button came out very

nice btw, there was quite abit of gilt left; nice finds buddy! :occasion14: :occasion14:

{Sentinel} said:
Terrific Post James :headbang: The knitting needle is First Rate as is the fact that you got a Virginia Button & couple coppers in the same 'sitting'. The button came out very

nice btw, there was quite abit of gilt left; nice finds buddy! :occasion14: :occasion14
Appreciate the reply brother! It was a fun hunt for sure!

Nutriasub said:
Very nice hunt, love the button

Thank you my friend!

Nana40 said:
:o Stunning variety of finds, JB!!! :notworthy: Wow, what a hunt!!

Congrats!! Nana :hello:

Awww Thanks ;D
Woodland Detectors said:
TTh
Congrats again to my digging buddy and his second Va. Button in just a few months! That spider button is killer too. Way to go James. :headbang:

Right on brother! Aprreciate it

BuckleBoy said:
This is a great post. The VA button is wonderful, the colonial knitting needle is first rate, and the "spider web" button is excellent.

Cheers,

Buck

Hey thanks for the great reply. Good stuff!

Looks like fun digging down south ! But I don't think I could disguise my Yankee accent :laughing9: It must be perfect temps to hunt down there now ! Early buttons and coins makes for fun hunting ! :icon_sunny: Congrads ! M.R.

Aint Nothing Roland can't fix ;D Great dig's man Congrat's on the variety of find's!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back