What's new

Digstock 12…. Who is going?

Theres a bar at the hotel I’m staying at, but I’ll be hitting bourbon. Bands? I don’t think so, but there will be food trucks, a bunch of vendors with their swag, and dozens of guys filming for their YouTube channels and the like.
Hell, there might be a band… I don’t know… that’d be cool.
I like the way you drink, I mean think! Sold out means big crowd so it should be a blast. I can't wait.
 
I’ve been gifted an entry to the event coming up this March… I am so excited, but also nervous.
I’ve done a few club hunts, but this is next level.
What can I expect as far as vibe, format and the like? Is anyone planning on going? I’ve been researching hotels… seems like there are plenty to choose from. My boss said he’ll have to look into giving me the time off… lol dude I’m not asking.
I will be there in March. Heading down from western ny. It is a event and this years new property looks amazing. Any other property researchers out there?
 
I will be there in March. Heading down from western ny. It is an event and this years new property looks amazing. Any other property researchers out there?
From what I understand, site details won’t be released until a week or so before the event. I’m not familiar with the surrounding area of Roanoke Rapids, so it’ll all be new to me.
 
Use the clues they already have given. Look at the local history. Amazing place.....
 
Good deal for you West Coast guys. I did read up on it before, and location isn't reveled until what, one week before? Regardless, having to get a flight, rental car etc., I'll pass. If I lived out there where I could drive to it, I'd give it a shot, you bet. Great good luck to you BigWave.
 
My buddy who's going did some research and he's pretty confident he knows where in general area/ land it's being held
My research has been limited to hotels and titty bars.
 
My buddy who's going did some research and he's pretty confident he knows where in general area/ land it's being held
Same, here. Compare notes? Maybe small clue to see if we have the same spot? Do you like hunting? Lol
The whole place is historic, so even if I'm wrong I'm sure it will be amazing.
 
Looks like the weather is gonna be nice next week to start….
Screenshot 2026-02-25 at 8.52.44 PM.webp
 
Bring repellant. Maybe wear gators.

"Are ticks that cause alpha-gal syndrome in North Carolina?

Yes, ticks that cause alpha-gal syndrome (AGS) are present in North Carolina, and the state is one of the areas most affected in the United States.

Alpha-gal syndrome is a serious allergic condition where people develop an allergy to red meat (and sometimes other mammal-derived products) after being bitten by certain ticks.

In the U.S., this is primarily caused by the lone star tick (Amblyomma americanum), which is common and well-established throughout North Carolina and the broader Southeast.

The lone star tick is widespread in North Carolina, and bites from this species are the main trigger for AGS in the region.

North Carolina consistently ranks among the states with the highest prevalence of suspected AGS cases, according to CDC data (from 2017–2022 surveillance showing high rates in a contiguous southern/mid-Atlantic region including North Carolina).

Research from institutions like UNC-Chapel Hill highlights the lone star tick as a common culprit in the state, with cases linked to tick exposure.

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and other local sources note that AGS occurs after lone star tick bites, and awareness remains low (only about 22% of adults in the state have heard of it).

While other ticks (like blacklegged ticks) have been linked to AGS in some cases elsewhere, the lone star tick is the dominant vector in North Carolina.

Tick activity is highest in warmer months, but prevention (e.g., repellents, checking for ticks after outdoors) is key in tick-prone areas.

If you've had a tick bite and experience delayed allergic reactions to meat, consult a doctor for testing.

The lone star ticks (Amblyomma americanum) that primarily cause alpha-gal syndrome can be active in both winter and spring in North Carolina, though their activity levels vary significantly by season and life stage.

Spring: This is one of the peak periods for lone star tick activity in North Carolina.

Adults and nymphs become highly active starting in early spring (often late March or April), when temperatures rise above about 45°F.

This makes spring a high-risk time for bites, including those that can trigger alpha-gal syndrome."
 
Oh shit! I’m gonna be bathing in tick spray.
I can’t fathom becoming allergic to meat.
Thanks for adding this to the thread, I didn’t think of adding this to my supplies.
 
Oh shit! I’m gonna be bathing in tick spray.
I can’t fathom becoming allergic to meat.
Thanks for adding this to the thread, I didn’t think of adding this to my supplies.
Yeah, it would throw a major monkey wrench into my mostly-carnivore diet. I bought some gators ... might not be necessary, but they're great for going through bushes, thorns, brambles, etc. Plus, it can kill you if you eat meat and are infected - rewires your immune system.
 
Ugh!!!
My phone is jacked up, way down deep inside, the map won’t open for me. I don’t know if it is content blockers, managed files, I don’t know, but something isn’t let me open the link. Same thing with my health insurance.
So I guess I’ll open up my dinosaur of a laptop, and see if I can access it there.
If all else fails, I’ll just follow the YouTubers, and see where they go.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom