What's new

Digstock 12…. Who is going?

Ugh!!!
My phone is jacked up, way down deep inside, the map won’t open for me. I don’t know if it is content blockers, managed files, I don’t know, but something isn’t let me open the link. Same thing with my health insurance.
So I guess I’ll open up my dinosaur of a laptop, and see if I can access it there.
If all else fails, I’ll just follow the YouTubers, and see where they go.
I got it working on mine ... recently acquired Samsung S25 Ultra. Saved it as offline map, but it doesn't include the markers. I'm also printing out a bunch of it so I have a fallback. Reviewing the map is best on desktop/laptop. They say cell reception can be spotty. If you want to get together onsite and/or talk about the map, send me a DM.
 
Ugh!!!
My phone is jacked up, way down deep inside, the map won’t open for me. I don’t know if it is content blockers, managed files, I don’t know, but something isn’t let me open the link. Same thing with my health insurance.
So I guess I’ll open up my dinosaur of a laptop, and see if I can access it there.
If all else fails, I’ll just follow the YouTubers, and see where they go.
Dave, what kind of phone are you using? I was having trouble initially with my iphone but was able to get it to work. The Digstock crew did confirm that with an iphone you will not be able to download the maps for offline use.
 
My iPhone 14 usually serves me well, but I’ve got a glitch in my matrix for opening links… I do have the map, and I half assed printed the pages, gonna crop them together as a just in case.
I reckon I’ll take my chances, and figure it out along the way… not too worried about it at this point. Part of me wants to rock like a lone wolf and do my thing, but most likely I’ll hang with someone from my MDC, or anyone else I connect with. I think that at an event like this, it’d be more fun to show off and fist bump buddies while the plug is still out, rather than showing up at the finds table with shit that nobody saw you dig.
Worst case scenario, I’ll drive up to a spot, be like “what’s up boys”, and follow whoever is swinging a Garrett. (Kidding….)
 
I flew around the site using Google Earth VR on a Meta Quest headset. The place is larger than you would think, could fly along the roads and check out the POI's, etc. Still wondering what to hit first...the arcs of homesites or the historical POIs seems like the main choices. The old, early 1700's properties are definitely on the list. It would take years to hunt this place by yourself, but 500 peeps will definitely make a dent. I'm getting there Wednesday afternoon - flying so wanted some pad in case of issues, like delayed luggage, etc. This is going to be great.
 
I’ve got my eye on a few places too
I’d like to find the one spot that everyone blows off, then I find a treasure evaluated at $24K
Speaking of. What happens if you do find something worth a large amount. Does it get split between the organizer and property owner?
 
Yes, there’s a stipulation that if anything found is worth more than 25k, Digstock takes possession of it, goes to auction, and is split 50/50 with the landowner. I’d be lucky to find some clad.
 
The home sites may be more likely to have buried caches. I was also thinking the same as you BWD... see where most go and head the opposite direction.
 
I would hope it gets split three ways.
Hmmm ... standard procedure would be that they auction it and send you a check for half. If you can take part in the auction you'd pay full price (if you bought it all in case of multiple items), then they'd send you a check for half, and half to the property owners. Kind of a win-win, getting to keep the find(s) minus the cash outlay.
 
I’ve got my eye on a few places too
I’d like to find the one spot that everyone blows off, then I find a treasure evaluated at $24K
I'm with you too. Looking at places that most folks might not want to go and adding them to the list.
 
Looking good. Warm winter it seems.

1772574328625.webp
 
My first Digstock find ... found it in the hallway of the hotel. It's a very fine chain, small pendant. Didn't bring my diamond tester so not sure if real or not. A good start perhaps.
 

Attachments

  • 542.webp
    542.webp
    459.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 544.webp
    544.webp
    247.3 KB · Views: 53
Ok to continue the thread, DigStock finds:
Event starts tomorrow, but I got a head start at a raggedy town park this morning, along with half dozen other hunters….
82 cents clad, junk earring, a credit card lol, a token of some sort, and the best find, a marble!
image.webp

And trash.

image.webp

Hopefully more to come tomorrow!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom