What's new

Digstock XII, Day 1 - Got Lucky

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
1,504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Deus II/HF2, Manticore, E-Trac, Excalibur II, V3i, Pro-Find 40, Vibra-Probe 585, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found the below this morning, otherwise just my fave cereal, Crunchy Wheats, or at least I assume so, need to clean them up.

Lots of good finds happening. The place is carpeted in small and some big iron, but cannonballs, etc. are being found. I think the Deus II guys are getting most of the silver of which there are lots of halves, etc. being found. Hopefully I'll run into some as well.
 

Attachments

  • 552_1.webp
    552_1.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 553.webp
    553.webp
    513.8 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 34
So, here’s the rest of the story…
Chris and I were hunting together, our first pick of homesite. Maybe 20 minutes in, Chris pulls the buckle, while I’m 20 feet away. Needless to say I got all jelly, and when he hand dropped me, my first words were FU lol, while my knees buckled.
Congrats, buddy, you deserve all of the glory, for what’ll be the best find of the weekend.
 
So, here’s the rest of the story…
Chris and I were hunting together, our first pick of homesite. Maybe 20 minutes in, Chris pulls the buckle, while I’m 20 feet away. Needless to say I got all jelly, and when he hand dropped me, my first words were FU lol, while my knees buckled.
Congrats, buddy, you deserve all of the glory, for what’ll be the best find of the weekend.
You're the best bro. I think the words were 'you son of a bitch' - best compliment ever. Good times.
 
Nice going Chris. Want me to send you a Deus2 with the high freq coil ?
 
Hey guys, leave some in the ground for when I am able to get out!

But seriously, outstanding recoveries!

Great weather
Great finds and
Great friends
who could ask for more?
 
So Day 2 of Digstock was a bit better for me, Chris and I were hiding in the woods for most of the day. The only field we really worked was way out of the way, nobody had been there. We thought that it was a new field, but as it turns out, this was the best signal I’ve heard.
image.webp

I think it’s a horse rosette from either WW1 or WW2, so I’m on the board with this.
Also a flat button and 5 wheat cents.
 
Nice going Chris. Want me to send you a Deus2 with the high freq coil ?
Appreciate that Gare. We can talk when I get home ... maybe I'll win one tomorrow in the raffle.
 
Found the below this morning, otherwise just my fave cereal, Crunchy Wheats, or at least I assume so, need to clean them up.

Lots of good finds happening. The place is carpeted in small and some big iron, but cannonballs, etc. are being found. I think the Deus II guys are getting most of the silver of which there are lots of halves, etc. being found. Hopefully I'll run into some as well.
Banner find for sure.
 
I would have surely let you borrow one. Evan with the high freq new coils
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom