What's new

Dilema

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just "Cold" called on a bank looking for halves. Teller asked how much I wanted, I said that I would take all that I could
get. She said you want "$500.00" in halves! I almost filled my pants, grabbed the wallet and only had $275.00 on my person.

Kid is going to run home and get the rest from our safe......

1) I usually get Brinks boxes once a week and the last three have been skunks. She said that it was a Brinks Bag and she had not rolled them yet.... :hello2: Said she orders a bad a week and they come in on Mondays (Filed that away in the memory bank - so to speak).

2) My normal pickup bank didn't order for this week and my friend (Vault Manager) was on vacation. I have no experience with bags versus boxes.

There is no doubt that I am buying them, my dilema is are "Bags" better than boxes even though they come from the same company?
 
Upvote 0
Id worry more that the 500 box is a dump. Bags or boxes ? unless its a dump i take all i can get, gets a little expensive. Another problem with needing large sums of money for a small return are banks that want accounts for getting coins. I have about 5 thousand tied up just in banks that said i needed an account for coins or dumping.
 
quiksilver said:
Id worry more that the 500 box is a dump. Bags or boxes ? unless its a dump i take all i can get, gets a little expensive. Another problem with needing large sums of money for a small return are banks that want accounts for getting coins. I have about 5 thousand tied up just in banks that said i needed an account for coins or dumping.

It came from Brinks, can't be a dump at the bank.
 
Why is a bank ordering halves to just sit around in their vault? Sounds fishy.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Why is a bank ordering halves to just sit around in their vault? Sounds fishy.

Nope, This bank is in a "High" visibility area. Most banks are hidden in strip malls and such here, this one is right on the corner and is one of the "Bigger" banks in Florida. She said that she constantly gets people asking for halves that are customers of the
bank and management decided to order $500.00 a week just to keep their customers happy. She told me it doesn't matter what they order as they are charged a monthly flat rate from Brinks to handle their currency. I just picked up the bag, it is clear and
has todays date on it in the "Delivered" section. It is a sealed clear bag with the "Brinks Logo" all over it.
 
FreedomUIC said:
quiksilver said:
Id worry more that the 500 box is a dump. Bags or boxes ? unless its a dump i take all i can get, gets a little expensive. Another problem with needing large sums of money for a small return are banks that want accounts for getting coins. I have about 5 thousand tied up just in banks that said i needed an account for coins or dumping.

It came from Brinks, can't be a dump at the bank.
Just remember that there is alot of hunters dumping at machines. Brinks picks it up, turns around and delivers it to the bank. ffd
 
Freedom i got a bag from B&A two weeks ago 1 /67 and fifteen extra dollars in halfs. Happy hunting Ron
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom