What's new

Dilema

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
1,984
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$31.00 was my sell point. Silver just blew right on past that and is at $31.62 right now......


What to do, what to do. I have about $2,500 (Melt Price Not Face) worth of junk silver, mostly from CRH and bargains on EBay. This thought process DOES NOT INCLUDE the 1TOZ rounds that I have accumulated over the past two years.

I am in no need of the money other than the fact that I had preset $31.00 in my mind.

Any Suggestions :icon_scratch:, Like I said, my gut says hold, I don't need the money now but $31.00 is $31.00.
 
Upvote 0
Unless you have a time machine, there is no way to sell at the perfect time. If it goes to $40 will you kick yourself? If it goes south will you regret not selling?
My opinion is that if I make a profit on my investment, I have done pretty good. Nothing says you need to sell it all at once. Split it up. Also consider what will you do with your cash, if you do sell. Hope this helps.
 
I notice that APMEX is now limiting its best "buy" prices (for 40% and 90% silver coinage) to transactions exceeding $10,000!! This is an interesting new development.......
- Grizz
 
Hold, its going higher.
 
Hold onto it I dont see the price going anywhere but up
 
dave5710 said:
Unless you have a time machine, there is no way to sell at the perfect time. If it goes to $40 will you kick yourself? If it goes south will you regret not selling?
My opinion is that if I make a profit on my investment, I have done pretty good. Nothing says you need to sell it all at once. Split it up. Also consider what will you do with your cash, if you do sell. Hope this helps.

I have considered what to do with the money. Seems even though our oldest is 26, he is getting married and still needs money from mom and dad although he won't ask for it. Of course they have to have the finest wedding known to mankind. So much so that he is now suffering from Panic/Anixety syndrome and has been to the
emergency room twice in the last week. They tell me that they are a couple of grand short for their wedding, my son is working
70 - 80 hour a week (He is a certified Corrections Officer) to pay for this wedding.... :icon_scratch: Her parents think that splitting their hotel room for their honeymoon is a great idea for their gift, meaning we pay half and they pay half. JHC, the D@mn hotel room cost 129.00 for the night, give me a break. So by dealing with his future MIL, I can see why he is starting to have health problems and with his job, he needs to be sharp as a tack at all times........

Like I said before, Dilema..... :icon_scratch:
 
If you need to sell to help out your son, then sell only enough to help him. I would hold the rest. I don't see it going anywhere but up. I bought some 90% near spot yesterday, and will continue to do so.
 
I notice that APMEX is now limiting its best "buy" prices (for 40% and 90% silver coinage) to transactions exceeding $10,000!! This is an interesting new development.......

Where do you see this?
 
skelly;
Just jump on their website and follow links to their $1,000 (face) bags of generic silver coin. They post their buy price at the $1,000 face value amount. They do buy at lesser F.V. amounts, but not at optimum price. If you click on the "APMEX Buy Price" ($8,773.30 at this precise moment in time for the 40%), you now get the statement as follows:

* The buy price is for transactions exceeding $10,000.00. For transaction of less than $10,000.00 the price paid will be at the descretion of APMEX and may be less than what is displayed here. If you own these items and would like to sell them to APMEX, please call 1(800) 375-9006 and ask to speak with someone in our product purchasing department.

* Prices subject to change without notice. Prices paid may be more or less than displayed here and subject to quantity limitations.

- Grizz
 
I think it is safe to say $35 isn't to far off with everything that is going on on all the financial indicators. Wait is my vote but do your own homework.

Personally I'm letting an ounce go for under $100. With all the manipulation, and adjustment for inflation.....

http://www.gotgoldreport.com/
http://www.caseyresearch.com/

Here is a couple of good blogs. Read up on Ted Butler to, that might help.

Good luck
 
I'm holding, but only because I believe silver is headed up. I am kicking myself for not buying at the recent pullback to $27ish.

As for your son, I would counsel and advise him to make changes that will help him save money on the wedding instead of bailing him out.
 
clovis97 said:
I'm holding, but only because I believe silver is headed up. I am kicking myself for not buying at the recent pullback to $27ish.

As for your son, I would counsel and advise him to make changes that will help him save money on the wedding instead of bailing him out.

Im holding too..I was an blinded when it hit 20 :(..i had ALOT of silver that i had bought when it was around 11..so i thought i did go :icon_scratch:...Now looking back...not so much...Im holding till 50... :thumbsup:
 
FreedomUIC said:
dave5710 said:
Unless you have a time machine, there is no way to sell at the perfect time. If it goes to $40 will you kick yourself? If it goes south will you regret not selling?
My opinion is that if I make a profit on my investment, I have done pretty good. Nothing says you need to sell it all at once. Split it up. Also consider what will you do with your cash, if you do sell. Hope this helps.

I have considered what to do with the money. Seems even though our oldest is 26, he is getting married and still needs money from mom and dad although he won't ask for it. Of course they have to have the finest wedding known to mankind. So much so that he is now suffering from Panic/Anixety syndrome and has been to the
emergency room twice in the last week. They tell me that they are a couple of grand short for their wedding, my son is working
70 - 80 hour a week (He is a certified Corrections Officer) to pay for this wedding.... :icon_scratch: Her parents think that splitting their hotel room for their honeymoon is a great idea for their gift, meaning we pay half and they pay half. JHC, the D@mn hotel room cost 129.00 for the night, give me a break. So by dealing with his future MIL, I can see why he is starting to have health problems and with his job, he needs to be sharp as a tack at all times........

Like I said before, Dilema..... :icon_scratch:

The heck with the silver. Your son being hospitalized twice in a week for anxiety attacks at age 26 is a big dilemma. The corrections racket is a very stressfull job,especially nowadays. Convince him to hit the books and get promoted into a position where he doesn't have to know anything or do anything.
HH
Rich
 
FREEDOM,

I sell 25% at a time. I sold at 26 and at 29. I wait until I accumulate enough. It's nice to sell but I never want to leave myself short. You never feel bad about selling because you always have more.

My two cents.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom