What's new

Dime Box X 8, 02/03/10

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Searched $2k in dimes today that netted 13 silvers:

'64d 4
'64 1
'63d 1
'58d 1
'57 1
'54 1
'53 1
'46d 1
'46 1
'64 Canadian 1

HH, ffd
 
Upvote 0
Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Those dimes add up. I missed doing them last month. Might give it a go this month.

Rich
 
good box, usually dimes aren't very productive
 
good box, usually dimes aren't very productive
maybe in your area, but around here i average 3 per box. when i can't find halfs, dimes are my next best thing.
 
mistergee said:
good box, usually dimes aren't very productive
maybe in your area, but around here i average 3 per box. when i can't find halfs, dimes are my next best thing.
I had one skunker out of 8 boxes.
 
Don't take this the wrong way but 13 silver dimes = 2.6 90% Half Dollars.

I know you like searching dimes so congratulations are in order. That is 1.6 per box above average i guess. But man that's a lot of work. I know....

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Don't take this the wrong way but 13 silver dimes = 2.6 90% Half Dollars.

I know you like searching dimes so congratulations are in order. That is 1.6 per box above average i guess. But man that's a lot of work. I know....

Mojo
I know, Mojo, but i have too many monster hunters in my area, including yourself. I'm in it purely for the hobby. No time to do large volumes of halves. I found 2.6 halves worth with those dimes, sure beats dumping $2k worth of skunky halves! Thanks, ffd
 
But man that's a lot of work. I know....
its not so bad though if you get a box of the clear wrappers from Brinks ;D although the Canadians will give you fits.
 
Way to go on the dimes!

Maybe with so many chasing the halves, the dimes are going less noticed?

I have tried dimes a couple of times but I cannot handle them. It is too much strain on the eyes and since I only rim search halves, I keep seeing dime rims that look like 40% halves and it stresses me out.

Maybe you will find a 1916 d Merc, isn't that the one worth all the dough?

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
Way to go on the dimes!

Maybe with so many chasing the halves, the dimes are going less noticed?

I have tried dimes a couple of times but I cannot handle them. It is too much strain on the eyes and since I only rim search halves, I keep seeing dime rims that look like 40% halves and it stresses me out.

Maybe you will find a 1916 d Merc, isn't that the one worth all the dough?

Jim
You are so right about the eye strain! I finally ended up getting script eyeglasses, makes searching dimes soooo much easier. Dimes are not too bad, I can search eight boxes in about 2 hours. I would do more, I just detest dumping any large amount of coin, the only reason I even do this amount is, I walk in with $500 bags and they hand me the cash. I refuse to use a counter as it's just a ripoff plain and simple. I'm not talking fees; I mean shorting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom