What's new

Dime box

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

Gave dimes another try today and picked up a box. Felt guilty for breaking open so many rolls and spending 5 seconds on each searching for silver. Then about a third of the way in I found a 1964 and did not feel so guilty :). Second to last roll had a beautiful silver rim, and boy did I curse when I saw it was canadian. ARG! May try again tommorow. Halves come in again on Wednsday and I can hardly wait :).

Anthony
 
Upvote 0
That stinks! Dime boxes are just hit or miss. I've done about 10 dime boxes and only ended up with 13 silver dimes. However back when I was in the beginning of my CRH career, I picked up 4 rolls of dimes and got 11 Mercs and 9 Roosies.

Hit or miss.

-Codes
 
One is better than none! Did one box last week, had at least 20 silver rims, all Canadian. On average when I dump $1k in dimes I get 50 Canadians in the reject bin, LOL! AMC
 
narth...congrats on the bling. i hope you use a loupe to search dimes. it may make searching a bit more productive. i find about 35-40% of mine that way. seems like the low areas of the reeds (which are usually pretty well worn on the older rosies and mercs) hold debris which hides the bling making it harder to pick them out. that 1875 seated liberty i found a couple of weeks back would have been passed over if it weren't for my trusty loupe. i'd advise anybody that does dimes to use one...especially if ya got old eyes like me! LMAO

again congrats.

p.s. i did three boxes today and got three rosies. 51-D, 54-D and a 63-D. average boxes. thank goodness you and i didn't get skunked today. :thumbsup:
 
mistergee said:
when I was in the beginning of my CRH career, I picked up 4 rolls of dimes and got 11 Mercs and 9 Roosies.
how long ago was that :icon_scratch:

Roughly a year and a half ago.
 
hmmmm..not so long ago....i thought you were going to say something like 10 or 20 yrs ago. that sure gives me some hope now that i'm already about $40.00 searched and haven't found anything.....yet
i keep thinking back on when my Dad first got me started on coins...pocket change searching and ordering packs of foreign coins....i remember someone telling me that i should get rolls from the bank....wish i had money then....it was late 60's ...who knows what i would have found back then....then i just forgot about coins until i found you guys here....dug out my coins and here we are....thanks all
 
Nah, 20 years ago I was still in diapers (really, I was). Although if you were to search dimes 20 years ago you would probably find rolls of silver dimes. I just happened to get lucky and stumble upon some rolls with a good silver ratio in them. Silver dimes are out there, you just have to be patient, keep searching and not get discouraged. So, you may not find silver in your 1st, 2nd, 10th, or 50th box but I can promise if you keep searching you'll find them.

-Codes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom