Dimes ringing up like pennies

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently hunted a park that isn't older than 1968 (park isn't on 1968 aerial maps) and while I found a lot of stuff, trash and treasure I noticed several clad dimes rang up just like pennies in 12Khz (mid eighties) These dimes came out of the ground looking like pennies (copper colored) so maybe the cladding is all eaten off? Anyone else noticed this?

thanks

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the deus ive noticed pennies & all coins will ring up different in each different program compared to mu Atpro or v3i
My suggestion would be compare a simialar coin on another program or whatever 1 u plan to use so u know befor hand & wont think its trash

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zincs depending on corrosion can vary WIDELY!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..I just happen to see this..and dont have the Deus....But i can tell you that really on any machine things will read a little off...I have dug wheat pennies that read as quaters/halves....even my hunting buddy has this happen with his etrac on occasion

OP
OP
B

biggziff

Oct 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
XLT, Deus, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, all.

Since writing this I watched a bunch of videos and it seems that clad dimes can ring up as pennies, etc. I hadn't dug any dimes with the Deus yet so it surprised me. I know everyone says to ignore the VDI and use the tones, but depending on where you have the tones set I could be digging hundreds of plugs at nearly any site.

Not in love with this thing yet....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions