What's new

Dimes to halves

exnatomp

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Yesterday, on my way to my mother's place I stopped in a small town that had two banks. I had an account at the first bank and was able to cash in yesterday's box of dimes and buy out their stash of halves ($167). I went to the other bank and bought out all they had, $30 in hand rolls. I finally went through them this morning. The first bank was a skunk, but the $30 from the second bank coughed up 11 40%'s, all dated '66 or '67. This is the second time that this bank has produced favorable results. I guess I have to visit Mom more often.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0370_1_1.webp
    IMG_0370_1_1.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0
Nice find there. I've only tried one box and found only a couple 40%.
I have done very well with loose halves at banks.

Visit Mom for the Mom, not the coins, but it's a nice bonus! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom