Directions to a treasure in New Mexico - $1 or best offer

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007

Wildfirefighter72

Jan 14, 2007
Colorado
Thought the below info might be worth reading... :-X

Federal Cave & Karst Program

In 1988, US Congress passed the Federal Cave Resources Protection Act directing the Departments of Interior and Agriculture to inventory and list significant caves on federal lands, and to provide management and dissemination of information about caves.

In 1990, the Congress also directed the Interior Department, acting through the National Park Service, to establish and administer a program on cave research and to examine the feasibility of a centralized national cave and karst research institute. Based on the results of the study, a bill was introduced in the105th Congress to establish the National Cave and Karst Research Institute in New Mexico.

Caves and karst features occur in about 60 units of the National Park System System. The number of caves ranges from as few as 10 to 15 caves in the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historic Park to more than 400 caves in the Grand Canyon National Park. Many more caves are protected and managed by state and local governments, as well as private individuals and companies.

Importance of Cave & Karst Systems
Cave and karst systems are important because most of the nation's freshwater resources are groundwater, of which about 25% is located in cave and karst regions. Caves are also repositories of information on natural resources, human history and evolution, containing anthropologic, archaeologic, geologic, paleontologic and mineralogic resources. Many caves act as natural traps for flora and fauna, and species of now-extinct animals. Cave-dwelling organisms have specialized adaptations such as extreme longevity and enhanced sensory perceptions.

The recently discovered Lechuguilla Cave in New Mexico's Carlsbad Caverns is providing insight into global warming from analysis of materials found there. Other climate information has been acquired from pack rat middens in Grand Canyon caves that yielded pollen 4,000 years old. Regional paleoclimate records were derived from samples of travertine deposits in a submerged cave system in Death Valley National Park, California. And coring selected speleothems in Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico provided data on paleomagnetics and paleoclimate conditions.

Caves have always been known as repositories of archeological material. Some of the oldest evidence about the activities of human ancestors comes from caves. In the caves of Arizona's Grand Canyon and in lava tubes of El Malpais National Monument in New Mexico, important archeological discoveries are made every year in the form of excavations of ancient pottery, figurines made from twigs and evidence of the use of caves for habitation. In the Slaughter Canyon Cave in Carlsbad Caverns National Park, recent studies led to the discovery of one of only three deep cave art sites in the United States.

The National Park Service (NPS) works in conjunction with the National Speleological Society (NCC) and Bat Conservation International (BCI) to secure assistance with inventories, surveys, monitoring, and exploration of caves and preservation of bat habitats.

Wildfirefighter72

Jan 14, 2007
Colorado
Might be a good idea to bring in the National Speleological Society (NCC) with you. May hold more weight with the Government due to a joint venture with something Congress has approved... Just a thought for you all.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Thanks for the thought, firefighter. I think the reason you don't see any mention of DOD sites in the article is because they are exempt from exploration for obvious reasons. I might be willing to let the NCC come in after we have thoroughly examined some of the chambers and caverns of the cave system below Victorio Peak, but I would not want them as a partner going into the project.

Part of the problem the Ova Noss Family Partnership had was that they got tied up in government red tape. F. Lee Bailey sued to get access to the base in the mid seventies, and when I was an attorney at the base from 1997 to 1999, the case was still alive and well. One of the biggest disputes they had was over reimbursement of the government for all security costs associated with the dig. That was part of the agreement, but the costs quickly mounted resulting in tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees that the partnership was unwilling to part with, especially after having no luck getting into the caves to extract the ingots and other cached items.

My plan avoids all of that mess. I plan to get us onto the site, put a fence around it, and begin mining in earnest with practically no government involvement, media publicity, or ancillary missions such as helping the NCC get in the caves. Once we get surface access, I believe we will be able to enjoy full access to the many miles of caves beneath. Thanks again for the suggestion. One way to take advantage of the idea might be to allow one or more individuals from the NCC with strong caving credentials to join the team as individuals. They would be required to agree to non-disclosure terms during the period of the expedition, but afterwards, their research would be very valuable.

Wildfirefighter72

Jan 14, 2007
Colorado
I can agree with with you there... Good luck to you all and I hope it works out. It would be a shame to see it lay in a hole somewhere and not make someones life a bit more enjoyable. Keep us posted on how it goes after you get in and we want tons of pictures so we can share in the adventure with you!

John

sanddude

Jan 30, 2005
This has been a dead issue, for a long time. What is going on with the Victorio Peak tresure? They got investors, they got access, they got????

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Next meeting is late Sept / early Oct - invite only. Close to the site.

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow I was there in the Army from 1980 to 1982, wish I could go back and find stuff. but to far now. but I got a 65 comet cyclone from fort bliss tx. cool huh

jc

alexfm

Greenie
Dec 16, 2007
My dad worked at WSMR up until 6 months ago and he, as well as most people in the Las Cruces, El Paso area has heard about the treasure of Victorio's Peak. The trails are from years of research and millions of doolars in work. Now you have to get special governmental approval just to look on the mountain. you could probably get a mining group to work there and open up some of the tunnels if you could prove without a doubt that the treasure is there.

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I would love to go but I am in California and if I know back in the 80's I would have gotten near, those mountains where my place area, heck we got kick off the mountains and the the dudes came out of the mountain we were like where did you come from, then they went back in the mountain, we look at each other and said wow, that was cool

JC

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
"Jerry" C.........
Was a close friend and partner of mine
He was also Doc Noss's Grandson
He and I have discovered an entrance to the "Peak" that is off The WSMR ....
Yes!
It is a couple of miles long !!
But!
What's inside makes the trip worthwhile!
Anyone, Interested, ;D
"Doc & I" will be out there this coming spring...
&
We'll be out TH'ing for many, many months!
NM,AZ.,Ca.,Nv., Etc....!
Like! Try 10 - 12 !!!! :o
Just look for the "Yellow Jeep" ('77 Wagoneer) :o
Contact me here
Or!
Send a "PM"

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Nothing but some little person wanting attention . I wish someone would remove this space
wasting B S thread .

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
This is very odd. I was with the 160th in the early/mid 80's and vaguely remember talking to someone about training exercises in that area and someone talking about a treasure. Never went and never heard anything about it until this thread.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a copy of a copy of a copy of where Walt Disneys body is buried at Disneyland. To get to this area will require getting past the Disneyland Security Dept. and Anaheim PD. This could be a very dangerous mission, not for the faint hearted. Who knows what other untold wealth lies buried here also.

Anyone interested in buying my map? ::) ;) Hey CptBill, you gonna be in the area? Wanna mount an expedition? ;D

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Army took all the treasures that was there. The map is worthless. Get government permission before you search for treasures.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remeber an old episode of unsolved mysteries about someone who discovered a huge treasure on Gov. land out west and how the fed basically evicted them and refused them access to the site. I wonder if tihs is the same one? I'm sure that if their was treasure their the gov took it and the persons in power probaly helped themselves to the greater portion of it!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
I remeber an old episode of unsolved mysteries about someone who discovered a huge treasure on Gov. land out west and how the fed basically evicted them and refused them access to the site. I wonder if tihs is the same one? I'm sure that if their was treasure their the gov took it and the persons in power probaly helped themselves to the greater portion of it!
Yup dat be it - Google Doc Noss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread