Directions to a treasure in New Mexico - $1 or best offer

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
I can certainly understand scepticism as to the ability of the feds to do something so seemingly trivial. But it isn't just digging some gold out of a mountainside. Think about Osama Bin Ladin. How difficult could it be to find a guy who's face is one of the most recognized on earth? We found Saddam, right?

Don't get me wrong. The government has exhausted enormous resources to locate the hidden caches, but the politicians who have to support such efforts and risk cash and lives (the stuff of political capital) to find gold have always lost their nerve and ordered the military minions to leave the whole fiasco alone. Again, I do not want to mention too much publicly because a great deal of what I have seen and heard is not for public consumption.

Maybe part of the reason they have left it alone is because they did take advantage of the economic anomoly created by drug prohibition a la Mena, Iran/Contra, Freeway Ricky Ross, etc. Which is easier, to burrow deep into the earth or grow some weeds? At any rate, the answer is very complicated, and I think most people that comment on the entire cache, legend, mine, etc are just blowing smoke and have never examined any of the original documents or witness statements.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
I am trying to attach the scan of the map (we will see how it works). I have (obviously) redacted the specifics as to where the cave can be entered. I used to black out FOIA documents like crazy when I was an Army lawyer - there is quite a skill to it. Anyway, this is the retyped version of the original handwritten letter. It includes a translation into English. Apparently the original document was too frail to survive and this is all that remains.

White Sands Cache Directions.JPG

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
I have a question for someone who worked at White Sands. I have been in SE Arizona with a friend who had a buddy that was a range rider. They more than once got on WSMR and treasure hunted for a group of mines that was to have gold or silver buried. They did find the tailing pile that led to the mines. Or at least some mine. Only problem then. The range rider got fired for his treasure hunting endeavors. I saw the spot an a map. Don’t know if one could get the 20 miles in with out getting caught . And if you did either way then what. Back to my question what treasure story may be about mines in that area? What if you were caught on the base??

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Please listen to the voice of reason: do not ever try to enter that installation without permission. It is illegal and it is deadly. Trust me, there are secrets out there that are vital to national security and which will be protected at all costs. DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO ENTER WSMR WITHOUT PERMISSION. As to how one might get permission, that is a different matter.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
What would happen to you if caught on the range? I used to be the SAUSA (Special Assistant United States Attorney) for White Sands Missile Range for years. I used to prosecute people for all sorts of mischief on the base. I was almost always successful, probably because the federal government generally gets what it wants in federal court, especially where national security is involved.

So here is what would happen. First, you would be apprehended by extremely unfriendly people who would treat you like Al Queda en route to the D-Cell (Detainment Cell = Jail). You don't want this. Trust me.

Eventually, you would get bailed out (expensive). Then you would have to go to the Federal Magistrates Court where me and a bunch of mean DOD cops would win the case and you would get a) Jail, b) Probation, c) Community service, d)fine, e) court costs, or most likely, a combination with a healthy dose of ALL of the above.

Not to mentioned the UXO (Un Exploded Ordinance) that litters the base and regularly kills or maims people.

CDMakaKvM

Greenie
Dec 24, 2006
IF I'm not mistaken, this is the same treasure that has been written about for the last 40 years and if memory serves, it was recovered by the government, melted down and now resides in Fort Knox. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected, but there are many books and magazine ariticles written about this treasure over the years. As KvM once said, a couple of small unknown caches are worth more than the well known massive cache in the bush!LOL Happy hunting.

olred66

Greenie
Jul 1, 2006
Berkeley Springs, WV
Detector(s) used
Garett
This tax guys sounds like no lawyer I've ever talked with. This guy is betting on the old saying "There is a fool born every minute" and oh yea " A fool and his money are soon parted"

I agree that ones time is better spent on other things. Heck even The Beal code is more worth while at least if you actually break a code you have the satisfaction of doing at least that.

Just my 2 cents worth... and those papers are not worth the 2 cents ... lol

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
CDMakaKvM,

The treasure has been written about for centuries. Was it deserted mines run by the local Indians after being enslaved by the Spanish Conquistador Don Juan De Onate? Onate's amassed wealth? Was it the missing treasury of Emperor Maximillian's government? Was it the booty of Victorio? German funds intended for Pancho Villa? Everyone has their theory and I have mine. But either way, the caches are extremely valuable, even if only a fraction of what has been reported.

I am personally quite convinced that the government tried and failed to recover the treasure and that the rumors about it being stolen and transported to Fort Knox is simply the stuff of rumor started by the tin-foil-hat wearing fringe of conspiracy theorists. But, some people would probably characterize me that way just for thinking there might actually be something there, so I guess I have to label myself as a tin foil hatter (although I have never to my recollection actually worn one.) Anyone who believes it was transported to Knox is welcome to hold their opinion, but I just don't think it's true. Could be, though. One thing I'll tell you is that if the government opened the area up for all treasure hunters, you would have a tent city out there in the desert in about two days. Every prospecter in the world would be tunnelling in just as fast as he could.

To the folks who have PM'd me, I am answering with all due haste, but I was on a plane all day.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Well,

So far the bids run from one cent (wheat cent, mind you) to quite a bit more than that. Parties who are knowledgeable about this treasure have verified that this map is valid and believe that the date makes the caches the rightful property of the current map owner, who received valid title by will.

The best "bid" that we have received is a proposed LLC (Limited Liability Company) that would have two classes of members. Class A members would actually join the expedition (with full government permission, of course), and their only required contribution as far as finances would be the cost of equipment, supplies, etc. This has been estimated at a minimum $1,000 per member, which will probably be the buy-in amount. One person suggested that this amount is low enough that even those with little financial means but lots of treasure hunting skills can find a sponser, but high enough to weed out those without serious intent to find the caches. Class A members would share 10% of any treasure that is discovered.

Class B members would not join the expedition into the mines and caverns, but would provide financial support. This includes all of the groundwork necessary to get us onto the base with permission to keep whatever we find. I would expect this to cost no less than $100,000. They will share 90% of any treasure in proportion to their contributions toward the effort.

One suggestion that I think is good is a proposed advertisement in the next print version of Western and Easter Treasure as well as the Las Cruces and Alomogordo papers. That sounded like a good idea that would generate some response from the more serious possible members.

Anyone who would be interested in joining this type of expedition, let me know. - TaxLawyer

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
TaxLawyer said:
Well,

So far the bids run from one cent (wheat cent, mind you) to quite a bit more than that. Parties who are knowledgeable about this treasure have verified that this map is valid and believe that the date makes the caches the rightful property of the current map owner, who received valid title by will.

The best "bid" that we have received is a proposed LLC (Limited Liability Company) that would have two classes of members. Class A members would actually join the expedition (with full government permission, of course), and their only required contribution as far as finances would be the cost of equipment, supplies, etc. This has been estimated at a minimum $1,000 per member, which will probably be the buy-in amount. One person suggested that this amount is low enough that even those with little financial means but lots of treasure hunting skills can find a sponsor, but high enough to weed out those without serious intent to find the caches. Class A members would share 10% of any treasure that is discovered.

Class B members would not join the expedition into the mines and caverns, but would provide financial support. This includes all of the groundwork necessary to get us onto the base with permission to keep whatever we find. I would expect this to cost no less than $100,000. They will share 90% of any treasure in proportion to their contributions toward the effort.

One suggestion that I think is good is a proposed advertisement in the next print version of Western and Easter Treasure as well as the Las Cruces and Alomogordo papers. That sounded like a good idea that would generate some response from the more serious possible members.

Anyone who would be interested in joining this type of expedition, let me know. - TaxLawyer

I would suggest any and all investor funds go into a BANK managed escrow account (interest bearing) with a 1 year maturity to refund each investor according to his investment if the project is not fully cleared by the Government. During which time YOU as appointed Legal Counsel to the LLC (Nevada) obtain all government (federal, state as need be) for the expedition. No investors can be taken in on a scam and the operation funding is secured.

The LLC retains all promotional value of the expedition and the profits from which are re-distributed to the owners/members of the LLC.

( No, I am not interested in the project. Sounds like too easy to sell investor shares in a dry hole. )

Z

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
That sounds like a pretty good idea Zobex. In addition to the treasure, there is a very distinct possibility that the movie rights to the story will fetch quite a pretty penny. I have some connection with a couple of entertainment attorneys, one of whom is totally dedicated to production, so we already have a foot in the door on that. I am hoping that the movie rights would cover the cost of the expedition so that even if there is no treasure, the members of the LLC still make a profit.

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
TaxLawyer said:
That sounds like a pretty good idea Zobex. In addition to the treasure, there is a very distinct possibility that the movie rights to the story will fetch quite a pretty penny. I have some connection with a couple of entertainment attorneys, one of whom is totally dedicated to production, so we already have a foot in the door on that. I am hoping that the movie rights would cover the cost of the expedition so that even if there is no treasure, the members of the LLC still make a profit.

There is no money made in the hole, BUT, there can be money made in LOOKING in the hole. That would be fun just from the technical aspect. I suggest you get co-op with some of the equipment manufactures. Let them test out their latest idea equipment. You get free tools and they get to use the back drop of the site and project in their advertising, pics. interviews, press coverage.

Work the project like a Reality Adventure project. There is always some rich idiots from Malibu or Santa Monica who make $200,000/yr , stroke themselves in a gym and have cash to burn. Just see how fast they piddle out in real adventure in some hot bunch of rocks with rattle snakes.

With that aspect you could probably get many sign ups with no front money. You will have to form a Nevada LLC, not much cash up front, then put together a promo package to generate funding into the escrow account. Bank it in Nevada via such as Bank of America or Wells Fargo. Not a flaky outfit. Since the funding is in escrow, if no project and no permits, no one looses any funding. It would take a bit of marketing savvy and a home computer to put together the program, history, pics., expectations etc. It would even give the investors some "bragging rights" with their friends prior to the actual operation. Bill it with the understanding it is an ADVENTURE and not a guaranteed recovery.

Zobex

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Sounds like a sure enough lawyer to me . Taking billions out from under uncle sam's nose . I once heard an older gent say , What kind of a fool do you think I am ? Hmmm Now what made me think of that ? I say watch your wallet for a fool and his money is soon parted . Goodnight All :o :o

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
I have received a number of positive responses regarding the proposed expedition partnership. I forwarded them to my father in law who is very much interested in sharing the map with some competent treasure hunters. Obviously, the number one problem facing any serious mission to recover the gold in the vicinity of Victorio Peak is obtaining government permission. As I have shared with a few of you individually by PM, I believe I can get a group onto the base with full permission to explore for the treasure, although it will take time and money to do so.

My plan is to meet with interested parties in El Paso, TX on Saturday, March 17th. During the week leading up to this date we will be in the area and may be able to get onto the base for a brief tour.

To the person who wanted to tell me that the government never undertook operations at Victorio Peak, I know for a fact that this is not true. Setting aside my personal inside knowledge on the case, the government's operations there are as plain as day from the ariel images available to the public. See for yourself by looking at N32 55.438 W106 38.431 on the Google Maps website (make sure you switch to the satellite map version). All those roads surrounding the peak weren't put there by roadrunners and coyotes ;)

4girlsinfl

Greenie
Mar 14, 2006
TaxLawyer, when you have more details regards to mtg. in ELP in March, please promulgate and would like to attend if time permits. If reply only by PM, pls. advise. // VBrgds.

T

tresorodechristo

I am the fellow that was given the letter map to the treasure. In 1990 I went to Roswell New Mexico for the funeral of my step father (Geronimo Trujillo). After that we went to have coffee at a relative of my wife, he is married to my wifes first cousin. His name is Ernest Gallegos and he had been hounding me since I moved to Las Cruces New Mexico in 1982 about a letter map stating where there was a treasure. He works for the Post Office in Roswell New Mexico. While we were drinking coffee he asked me to go with him. We went to a room where he had an (army) foot locker, he reached in and told me this was the letter map he had been wanting me to have. He stated he will never go to LasCruces and has no use for the treasure map. I told him that a lot of people have maps and talk about treasures in the San Andres mountains and surrounding area. Anyway he said I could have it. While working at White Sands as a Security Guard I mention to people I had a map of a treasure and every one told me that it was probable Victoria Peak Treasure. It is in a diffrent location so I know it is not Victoria Peak unless there tied in togeather. Any way the word got out that I had a map and then I started getting phone calls. Some guy named Fudd said that I could be killed for that map and to keep my mouth shut. He offered me some antique guns just to look at it and I told him I was afraid. I then took the letter map to an (arcgeologist) that worked here at White Sands. At the time he was going to college to get his Master Degree. He said he would look in to it in his spare time. A year later he called me and told me to come pick up my map (he had it in a safe). I went to his house (he lived on Base) he brought me the map and then told me that he had taken an oath, not to reveal certain thing on White Sands Missile Range and surrounding areas. He did tell me that there were certain caves and mines that the Government covered and sealed. The Government is not allowed to disclose these location, cause they will open them self to problems. He also told me that my letter map was hot, but that it was on Government land and that I would probable not be able to get to it till the Base is closed. I took my map and left only to be contacted by a friend that worked at White Sands. He stated that he thought that we might be looking for the same treasure. This guy is supposly a Treasure hunter and has been traveling looking for treasures. He is now retired from White Sands and is a part time FBI Agent. He shared stories about colver operations, but he stated that the hunt for the Victoria Peak Treasure screwed it up for every one because now they have double security all over the Base. My friend has found nothing and neither have I. I don't have the funds or expertise to hunt it our selfs. This is why I hired a Tax Lawyer to start some type of commity and maby get something going. two reason I picked this guy #1 he has worked at White Sands as an Attorney and knows more then he lets on to. (he also took an oath). # 2 He is my son in law and I am to old and have a rod in my foot from a fall. I can't tell you much more other than I read a book stating that there might be a curse on all Treasures in this area, you see a lot of people have died looking for them.

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
The green arrow points to Victorio Peak - as you can see, there is a significant man-made road system evidencing the many attempts to get deep enough into the mines to get the treasure.

index.jpg

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
TaxLawyer said:
The green arrow points to Victorio Peak - as you can see, there is a significant man-made road system evidencing the many attempts to get deep enough into the mines to get the treasure.

One thing about working with the USG, plan on getting Thoroughly Hosed by them. Even after 20 years of the business with them they did it to me this year. They have no loyalty to anyone and anything.

From someone who just was hosed.

Z

OP
OP
TaxLawyer

TaxLawyer

Jan 5, 2007
Oh don't worry Z, I have no illusions when it comes to Uncle $ugar. They screwed, you, me, and pretty much everyone they came in contact with. That's why I have planned for my father in law's team to employ the very minimum USG involvement (if any at all).

I guess it is safe to say at this point that the map is off the market barring an extraordinary offer. It looks like the treasure hunting community includes several teams and individuals who feel they have a good enough chance of finding the treasure to join him.

We will start another thread to discuss joining the team. -TaxLawyer

minedbars.JPG

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
TaxLawyer said:
Oh don't worry Z, I have no illusions when it comes to Uncle $ugar. They screwed, you, me, and pretty much everyone they came in contact with. That's why I have planned for my father in law's team to employ the very minimum USG involvement (if any at all).

I guess it is safe to say at this point that the map is off the market barring an extraordinary offer. It looks like the treasure hunting community includes several teams and individuals who feel they have a good enough chance of finding the treasure to join him.

We will start another thread to discuss joining the team. -TaxLawyer

As I was once advised by DOJ, the best insurance you have to stay alive and keep moving is to make everything you do Public. The more that know What you are doing, the better chance you have of Doing it and not quietly Disappearing.

Z

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread