Discovered some old 10 cent comic books

markde

May 20, 2011
I went out for some garage sales last weekend and found a sale where a woman was selling 10 cent comic books (dated 1945 - 1953 ) for 50 cents apiece! I have been going to garage sales for 25 years and have never seen comics books this old for sale. I picked out seven good ones and offered $3, she took it and then I checked the values at home.

Katy Keene #6 & #7 $300 - $400 each
Archie #46 & #58 $100 - $200 each
A couple Bugs Bunny comics $ 100 each
Donald Duck comic $ 80

I easily pulled in $1000 for a $3 investment! :headbang:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
WTG! A lot of TH'ers don't know some treasures in front of them. Glad you recognized their value!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go back and knock on the door and buy the rest of 'em ya (smart) fool!!

Nice score!!

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFW_THer said:

Nice score!!

That's what I was thinking. "Why didn't he buy them all" :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Marchas45 said:
DFW_THer said:

Nice score!!

That's what I was thinking. "Why didn't he buy them all" :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
i was thinking the same exact thing, to the newbies if you ever run into anything like this you should always try an buy the whole lot ,cause you never know what the high money ones are so you buy the whole lot that way you don't leave any behind.. I wouldn't buy whole lots unless they was 25 cent when purchased or less comics.. you want to spend the least amount possible so that way if they a no good you don't get a burnt..

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Oh I cannot believe that! I stopped by an out of the way yard sale last week in the middle of nowhere and she had huge stacks (probably 100 or more) Archie comics and Disney related ones for $.25 each, but I passed them up as I do not collect them and did not want to hassle with selling them. Stupid me.............

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
The glass city, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes
starwarsblazer said:
Oh I cannot believe that! I stopped by an out of the way yard sale last week in the middle of nowhere and she had huge stacks (probably 100 or more) Archie comics and Disney related ones for $.25 each, but I passed them up as I do not collect them and did not want to hassle with selling them. Stupid me.............

I'd be heading back there real quick..... ;D Maybe there is a chance everyone else walked by them too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread