XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(deleted for rule infraction, only charter members can advertise a detector for sale)

People are not aware of the power of Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, I 'm in chat with a guy who keeps me insulting because according to him, i lie about the information i wrote concerning the discrimination on the TLS. I wrote that i can discriminate most of the newer bottle caps and pull tabs and still find normal golden objects. I told him i will miss a golden child ring of 2-3 gram but still detect the bigger golden objects.Not only doesn't he believe me but he makes it personal and keeps sending me messages that i'm a lier and cheater. Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II Ī¼MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While Iā€™ve never used a Lobo (newer or older), I believe you! Lobos were optimized specifically as gold sniffers and Tesoro discrimination is hard to better.
My Bandido is one of the few that will completely ignore steel bottle caps yet still hit hard on nickels. It makes for a superb detector in trashy areas. I see no reason that any Lobo wouldnā€™t be equally competent. One of these days Iā€™ll buy a nice Lobo to play with. I know there are nuggets around here just waiting for me..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem with Tesoro is they have gone out of business, repairs will be iffy and if done a very long wait.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
repairs? heh! he! ehe! not likely!
years and years of reliability!
tough ass detector! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed; theyā€™re tough, long lasting detectors. I donā€™t recommend rolling ā€˜em down the hill though.

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have 2 Lobo Super Traqs among my Tesoro stable and have used the LST's for going on 20 years. The LST's have made the majority of my best finds over that time period to include my one and only 1856 Quarter Eagle.

Everything you say about the LST is true and more, Unless doubting Thomas and his buddies have experience using the LST? just consider the source.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tesoro has very good discrimination...period! I guess, I will not talk about the discrimination on the Outlaw. :icon_thumleft:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 2 Lobo Super Traqs among my Tesoro stable and have used the LST's for going on 20 years. The LST's have made the majority of my best finds over that time period to include my one and only 1856 Quarter Eagle.

Everything you say about the LST is true and more, Unless doubting Thomas and his buddies have experience using the LST? just consider the source.

I've never used a Lobo Super Traq! What's the difference between the brown one and newer gray one? How do they compare to the Vaquero when it comes to relic and coin hunting?

tabman

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Agreed; theyā€™re tough, long lasting detectors. I donā€™t recommend rolling ā€˜em down the hill though.

anything short of that, they will survive!
outrageous build quality! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Been keeping an eye open for a good used LST. Hope to be able to play with one at some point.

OP
OP
P

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used a Lobo Super Traq! What's the difference between the brown one and newer gray one? How do they compare to the Vaquero when it comes to relic and coin hunting?

tabman

I have 2 brown ones.The Vaquero is a better coin shooter then the TLS, the frequency of the TLS is to high to be a good coin shooter. The LST is not a bad coin shooter but the Vaquero is better. For relic hunting it's 50/50. The Vaquero goes deeper but the TLS is more sensitive for smaller objects and has a better discrimination in trashy areas. The only reason i use the TLS is gold. From all the Tesoro's (and i used a lot of them) it's the only one that discriminate a lot of trash without losing gold. That was the reason why i sold my Vaquero. I had to put my discrimination to hight to get rid of bottle caps and pull tabs so i lost the gold, this is not the case with the LST.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iā€™ll need to pick one up eventually (a Lobo).

Meanwhile, the snow gate just got opened up to the nearby mountain with an abandoned ski lodge.. Found a bit of shallower silver around there the past couple years but the area is loaded with trash too. Had decent luck with my Bandido and a Vaquero - think Iā€™ll take the Tejon today and see if I canā€™t find anything a little deeper. That area had been used since the 1920ā€™s for skiing but apparently there used to be even more snow back then. Skiers donā€™t go there anymore.

Arkie

Feb 16, 2017
NE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Tejon, Lobo LST (2), Shadow X2, Bandido 2 Umax, Silver Sabre Umax, Mojave, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The only difference I know of Tab is color, I believe the innards are the same. I used to talk some with Rusty about the LST and all he had was high praise for the design and versality

I have a hard time recommending one Tesoro over another because I believe they're all good. Some might be better than others for a specific use.

We don't live that far apart so you're welcome to use one of mine for a couple of weeks to draw your own conclusion. Odds are you would want one.:laughing7:

(just remembered one difference) Tesoros are typically loud when you first turn them on, the loud sound duration is a battery test signal and a lot of people complained that it was way too loud so Tesoro toned it down a bit on the Grey models but I think that's it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread