DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my friends. Here are my finds from this past weekends hunt up in Culpeper. Diggin In Virginia was another hit with quite alot of nice finds being pulled up, especially by the peeps with TDIs. Saw a Texas Local and a Volunteer Maine Militia plate that was brought up (by an MXT). Here's my finds. This was pretty good considering I wasn't using a pulse unit. That soil up in North Central Virginia is HOOOOOTTT which means its RED CLAY. We were hunting a farm that hosted the largest cavalry battle in the western hemisphere: the battle of Brandy Station and it doesn't get the name "brandy" for no reason as that's about how dark red the soil is. I was happy, found a very unusual triangle hook that is more acute than any of the others I have ever seen, kepi buckle, 2 j hooks, fork, knapsack buckle, enfield rifle band, bullets, etc. Hope you like......Also found a very early heart shaped lock with a brass slide and the letter "R" stamped into it surrounded by a floral like design.

The piece in the lower left hand corner has a wreath design on it but not quite sure if its the top to something or some type of tack like a part of a rosette? If anyone can produce a photo of its like, I'd be much obliged :idea1: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink:

Attachments

• DIV Fall09 (4).jpg
    DIV Fall09 (4).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 925
  • DIV Fall09 (5).jpg
    DIV Fall09 (5).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 927
  • DIV Fall09.jpg
    DIV Fall09.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 912
  • DIV Fall09 (6).jpg
    DIV Fall09 (6).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 909
Upvote 0
Re: DIV Finds...WHATS THE ROUND IRON??

Beautiful finds Sentinel! I'm just guessing on the round piece, but could it be a musket band?

johnnyi said:
Beautiful finds Sentinel! I'm just guessing on the round piece, but could it be a musket band?

Yeah, that is a musket band on the left, but I'm talking about the solid round iron piece on the right. It isn't a iron fuse plug like the one I found last month because it doesn't have the holes through it....the other side almost looks like it fits on something :icon_scratch:

;
johnnyi said:
;DDang I think like you I thought I had that one!!! :laughing7:

Re: DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA...WHAT'S THE PIECE WITH A WREATH?

Great save's there Josh......pleasure meeting you there in person,great bunch of guy's all aroud :thumbsup: Could you imagine having a place like that to hunt for a couple of year's by yourself?Take care Buddy!!!

Great finds! That was a great hunt that place is incredible! There is plenty of relics left I don't think that whole farm has been hunted yet.

Nice relics :icon_thumleft:

{Sentinel} said:
johnnyi said:

Yeah, that is a musket band on the left, but I'm talking about the solid round iron piece on the right. It isn't a iron fuse plug like the one I found last month because it doesn't have the holes through it....the other side almost looks like it fits on something :icon_scratch:

If you're talking about the object to the right with the wreath design on it, I think that may be a smoking pipe lid with the hinge broken off.

Looks like a lock cover to me :icon_thumright:

Nice finds!!

Have you ever gone in the Ballsville area and down the road to the Saylors Creek?

Back when we lived there, it was not a protected area and there should be some great relics. We never got a chance to detect there, but did do some meandering around.

B

Some cool finds. I was thinking like johnnyi on the piece with the wreath. It looks like it could be lid to a pipe or an inkwell. there is an area that looks broken, like there could have been a hinge there.

vayank54 said:
Some cool finds. I was thinking like johnnyi on the piece with the wreath. It looks like it could be lid to a pipe or an inkwell. there is an area that looks broken, like there could have been a hinge there.

VaYank, I never considered inkwell, but I think you are right. If it was the lid to a pipe odds are it would have had vent holes like most of them do.

Great Finds Sentinal! :)

vayank54 said:

Thanks VaYank. That was what I initially thought...the lid to something but wasn't quite sure what........I've never seen a metal inkwell lid though....mostly umbrellas and igloos......Thanks for the input buddy and you too Johnny :wink:

Great digs bud , love the lock :icon_thumleft:

Very nice recoveries Josh. :icon_thumleft: Looks like you did pretty darn well at DIV.
Congrats buddy,
Doug

Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back