What's new

DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2007
Messages
4,741
Reaction score
295
Golden Thread
13
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
13
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my friends. Here are my finds from this past weekends hunt up in Culpeper. Diggin In Virginia was another hit with quite alot of nice finds being pulled up, especially by the peeps with TDIs. Saw a Texas Local and a Volunteer Maine Militia plate that was brought up (by an MXT). Here's my finds. This was pretty good considering I wasn't using a pulse unit. That soil up in North Central Virginia is HOOOOOTTT which means its RED CLAY. We were hunting a farm that hosted the largest cavalry battle in the western hemisphere: the battle of Brandy Station and it doesn't get the name "brandy" for no reason as that's about how dark red the soil is. I was happy, found a very unusual triangle hook that is more acute than any of the others I have ever seen, kepi buckle, 2 j hooks, fork, knapsack buckle, enfield rifle band, bullets, etc. Hope you like......Also found a very early heart shaped lock with a brass slide and the letter "R" stamped into it surrounded by a floral like design.

The piece in the lower left hand corner has a wreath design on it but not quite sure if its the top to something or some type of tack like a part of a rosette? If anyone can produce a photo of its like, I'd be much obliged :idea1: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink:
 

Attachments

  • DIV Fall09 (4).webp
    DIV Fall09 (4).webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 961
  • DIV Fall09 (5).webp
    DIV Fall09 (5).webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 951
  • DIV Fall09.webp
    DIV Fall09.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 942
  • DIV Fall09 (6).webp
    DIV Fall09 (6).webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 932
Upvote 0
Re: DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA...WHAT'S THE PIECE WITH A WREATH?

Well done, Josh.
It was good to finally meet up with you.
 
Re: DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA...WHAT'S THE PIECE WITH A WREATH?

Congrats on all those sweet finds Sentinal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA...WHAT'S THE PIECE WITH A WREATH?

nice eagle button :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
 
Re: DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA...WHAT'S THE PIECE WITH A WREATH?

{Sentinel} said:
vayank54 said:
Some cool finds. I was thinking like johnnyi on the piece with the wreath. It looks like it could be lid to a pipe or an inkwell. there is an area that looks broken, like there could have been a hinge there.


Thanks VaYank. That was what I initially thought...the lid to something but wasn't quite sure what........I've never seen a metal inkwell lid though....mostly umbrellas and igloos......Thanks for the input buddy and you too Johnny :wink:
you're welcome. Glad I could help.
johnnyi thanks for jarring my memory I wasn't thinking about the vent holes either
 
Re: DIV Finds from Culpeper, VIRGINIA...WHAT'S THE PIECE WITH A WREATH?

{Sentinel} said:
Well my friends. Here are my finds from this past weekends hunt up in Culpeper. Diggin In Virginia was another hit with quite alot of nice finds being pulled up, especially by the peeps with TDIs. Saw a Texas Local and a Volunteer Maine Militia plate that was brought up (by an MXT). Here's my finds. This was pretty good considering I wasn't using a pulse unit. That soil up in North Central Virginia is HOOOOOTTT which means its RED CLAY. We were hunting a farm that hosted the largest cavalry battle in the western hemisphere: the battle of Brandy Station and it doesn't get the name "brandy" for no reason as that's about how dark red the soil is. I was happy, found a very unusual triangle hook that is more acute than any of the others I have ever seen, kepi buckle, 2 j hooks, fork, knapsack buckle, enfield rifle band, bullets, etc. Hope you like......Also found a very early heart shaped lock with a brass slide and the letter "R" stamped into it surrounded by a floral like design.

The piece in the lower left hand corner has a wreath design on it but not quite sure if its the top to something or some type of tack like a part of a rosette? If anyone can produce a photo of its like, I'd be much obliged :idea1: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink:

Nice Finds, Sentinel! It looks like you had a great time in that hot Virginia dirt! Oh, can you get us some closer up pics of the object in question? Maybe some side angles, too?
-Ian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom