What's new

Divot Stones...Lets see yours

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know probably everyone finds these but just doesn't post them. I know some can be Hammer Stones but what other uses were they for and why would you want to take the time to make a divot on a hammer anyway when a normal rock would do? All of these have divots on them some deeper than others. Most of these I have found in quarry sites. Id be interested in seeing yours and the reason you feel they were made as to the uses of them. I don't believe any reason could be wrong so lets hear them. Id like to learn something today, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10329.webp
    SDC10329.webp
    643.6 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
I don't find many grinders that would fit into the divots but I do think an antler could fit very well into the sized holes in the cobbles I find. Interesting
 
Hard to say SB82 but Im thinking natural on it. No discoloration on the dimple side from what I can see it is even cortex all the way around it.
 
Thanks...we were thinking just a rock also, it does feel good in your hand as though it has holding marks....just coincidence I think though lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom