Do Brass Knuckles Count As "Four Rings?"

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, as you can see, the Albatross still hangs around the neck of ol' Subterranean. :BangHead:
ancient mariner.jpg

The Curse remains...no silver or gold jewelry in over a month! It's not for a lack of trying. I have been hitting the schools and parks heavily over the past 30 days, and come up with only bling and "pounds and pounds" of clad. I shall consider the effort fun and exercise only...

Case in point, yesterday, I detected two school yards. I found TWELVE RINGS, none of them silver or gold. I also found a pair of genuine brass knuckles, which if ya'all would indulge me, adds four more rings to the total count! :laughing7: I do love digging jewelry but am really missing seeing that .925 and 10k coming out of the ground...

I also dug a Canadian $2.00 bi-metal coin, some keys, a "Citizenship" medal and over $13.50 in clad yesterday. So, if any of my T-Netter friends know how to break the "Curse of the Crusty Clad and Can Slaw," please share your tips with old Subterranean. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting to all!

Attachments

• twelverings1.JPG
    twelverings1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 185
  • twelverings2.JPG
    twelverings2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 149
  • twelverings3.JPG
    twelverings3.JPG
    397.3 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 14

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it counts as 4 rings. There have been some rings posted that could be used as brass knuckles!
Don't feel bad Sub, I haven't found a gold ring yet this year.
The good part...the year isn't over, we've still got a shot at it!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it counts as 4 rings. There have been some rings posted that could be used as brass knuckles!
Don't feel bad Sub, I haven't found a gold ring yet this year.
The good part...the year isn't over, we've still got a shot at it!

We will all keep positive thoughts for you MSBB, go get that golden band before the clock strikes midnight! Sub8-)

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do Brass Knuckles Count As "Four Rings?"

flea market guys call em "paper weights"to be able to legally sell em --some got tiny "spurs" to be called "belt buckles" which upon buying are ground off..

For real.

In TX, those are a "novelty item" until they find a pair of them in/about your possession if your associated with any type of infraction - then that is almost a guaranteed Class A Misdemeanor.

I'd bet in this day and age finding them in someones possession on school grounds ANYWHERE in the US would result in a criminal charge. Regardless, thats a really cool oddball find!

You can use them to 'convince' those who deny you the +4 ring count, haha.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I will be out there Sunday searching for that elusive little goodie!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions