What's new

Fantastic suburbia woods hunt yesterday.

Giant056

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
469
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Michigan
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first coinpurse that actually had some silver in it, it's the first rubber one like this that I've dug. My grandfather carried one of these all the time and I've always wondered if I'd ever find one. I'll post pics plus I also did a youtube of the hunt too.



November7.1.webp


November7.2.webp

November7.3.webp

November7.4.webp

November7.5.webp

November7.6.webp

November7.7.webp
 
Upvote 32
Great hunt and congrats on the change purse recovery. The Winkler was a furnace made by SW Corp. The Elgin watch serial # can be looked up their site to obtain the year of pocket watch.
 
Wonderful finds, thanks for sharing them
 
Killer hunt, congrats. My Gramps (plural) all carried the little rubber pocket coin purses too. Sub 8-)
 
I had one of those little rubber jobbies as a kid -- and usually with silver in it. Boy, I'm getting old.
 
Congrats on pulling those cool finds, especially that coin purse. I remember using them in the 60's.
 
VERY NICE, love the Walker
 
Good score on the silver coins in the purse.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Great Hunt - wow that change purse score is wonderful - I remember those in the sixties and seventies - but not much later .
 
My grandfather carried one of these all the time and I've always wondered if I'd ever find one.

Same here, so did my Grandfather. It is something I thought I might find as they were carried a lot--never found one yet. It is always in the back of my mind when hunting.

Those are BEAUTIFUL finds! :thumbsup:

How is your soil up there --still soft yet?
 
Cool finds! My grandfather always carried one of those little rubber coin purses too. Good memories there, he's the one that got me into digging for treasure when I was still just a little kid.
 
The Elgin pocket watch would have been a good collectible as it is a sixteen size, three finger bridge movement. Nice finds with the change purse. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom