What's new

Do these appear to be man made?

Ozarksrockturner

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found at the very least, some interesting rocks in specific shapes.Are they natural or have they been made by man?

IMG_20171118_140433075.webpIMG_20171111_212820312.webp IMG_20171118_121810705_HDR.webpIMG_20171109_093555.webpIMG_20171101_045801435.webpIMG_20171111_121627.webp
 

Attachments

  • 33387.webp
    33387.webp
    466.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20171129_151446866.webp
    IMG_20171129_151446866.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20171019_224905-1.webp
    IMG_20171019_224905-1.webp
    704.5 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
Sorry but everything that I see looks to be natural.
 
Nothing man made, that’s for sure.
 
You look like you are hunting in a lot of creeks or dry branches around here. If you want to find man made/arrowheads/etc, you need to hunt some plowed fields around those creeks. Try to search them after a good plow and a good rain. I'm not saying you can't find stuff in the creek banks but in my opinion around here it's a lot easier to find the man made stuff NEXT to the creeks...Just my 2 cents worth..Happy Hunting.
 
I appreciate your input, everyone is always talking about or looking for arrowheads or weapons, I enjoy the more utilitarian items like tools and the effigy type artifacts, I'd surely pick them up if I saw them lol. Most of what I think are tools or handheld items I have found all fit the hand nicely and most have a place for thumb with edges,sides or ends that are sharp ,curved and smooth, or show signs of percussion. It's some of the effigy pieces that seem to draw a wide range of options. I'm near Branson, where in SW Missouri are you?
 
I also find higher flat spots near creeks better. Problem around here is they are all paved over.
 
I appreciate your input, everyone is always talking about or looking for arrowheads or weapons, I enjoy the more utilitarian items like tools and the effigy type artifacts, I'd surely pick them up if I saw them lol. Most of what I think are tools or handheld items I have found all fit the hand nicely and most have a place for thumb with edges,sides or ends that are sharp ,curved and smooth, or show signs of percussion. It's some of the effigy pieces that seem to draw a wide range of options. I'm near Branson, where in SW Missouri are you?

What makes you think you have any effigys and who has told you this? cause all I see is nothing but natural broken rocks that have been polished by water.
 
Last edited:
Natural..... You need to do some research

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
I appreciate your input, everyone is always talking about or looking for arrowheads or weapons, I enjoy the more utilitarian items like tools and the effigy type artifacts, I'd surely pick them up if I saw them lol. Most of what I think are tools or handheld items I have found all fit the hand nicely and most have a place for thumb with edges,sides or ends that are sharp ,curved and smooth, or show signs of percussion. It's some of the effigy pieces that seem to draw a wide range of options. I'm near Branson, where in SW Missouri are you?

Your making the same mistake a lot of new artifact hunters make, don't get caught up in how "it fits in your hand". Every hand side rock will fit your hand if you turn it enough directions. Look for flaking or grinding by man not how it fits a hand.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Amen, TH. The human hand is a marvel of engineering by God our Creator. Little wonder countless objects "fit" so well. This can hardly be used as criteria for what qualifies as an artifact.
 
I also find higher flat spots near creeks better.

Yeah, imagine where you might camp...especially to have some visibility of the area.

I have had luck just thinking "If it were me, I'd be up there, where I could see the game trail."

Also something to keep in mind along rivers, is game trails became man trails, which became wagon trails, which became roads.
 
I appreciate your input, everyone is always talking about or looking for arrowheads or weapons, I enjoy the more utilitarian items like tools and the effigy type artifacts, I'd surely pick them up if I saw them lol. Most of what I think are tools or handheld items I have found all fit the hand nicely and most have a place for thumb with edges,sides or ends that are sharp ,curved and smooth, or show signs of percussion. It's some of the effigy pieces that seem to draw a wide range of options. I'm near Branson, where in SW Missouri are you?


Not sure who is telling you those are Effigies or why you would think that? Nothing you have there has been altered by the hand of man. Also, just some friendly advice, saying something "fits your hand" is an immediate buzzkill for most all seasoned collectors. Every rock you pick up will fit your hand if you turn it enough. It's funny how hands are designed that way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom