Do they still have Metal detector treasure hunts ?

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was trying to find out if anyone still has metal detector treasure and coin hunt competitions like they did in the 80's ,?
IDK if they're like the '80s, but there are hunts.
The local club I belong to has monthly hunts (seasonally) and a yearly picnic that includes a hunt (members only).

You might also try the Member Hunts forum here.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to find out if anyone still has metal detector treasure and coin hunt competitions like they did in the 80's ,?
Our club still does here in San Diego.

OP
OP
M
Apr 7, 2024
The treasure and metal detecting magazines used to post all kinds of treasure/ metal detector coin and treasure hunting competitions all over the United States , particularly in the mid to late 1980's. Treasure magazine, Lost Treasure magazine and a couple of others used to promote those events and all the major metal detector companies used to donate detectors and other items to be given away as prizes ! I was looking forward to getting back in on the competitions but I can't find any that are local or even near my location !

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread