That is a very nice piece of Art, Ray,
Me, I'm an erratic painter, mainly in acrylics, no oils

Mike

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a woodworker and I especially enjoy making pieces in the arts & crafts style. Here's one of my newer pieces, a blanket chest in solid Cherry. It was made from a local tree was over 3' in diameter. I was able to acquire the logs which I had sawn and kiln dried at a local mill. I still have a single slab that's over 30" wide that I'm going to make a table out of some day.

Jim

Attachments

• Blanket Chest 003 (Small).jpg
    Blanket Chest 003 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 353

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
My other hobby is writing. Short stories and poetry. Here's a poem I wrote about Waterford City in Ireland last year when I was still living there. It's called "The City Stays A Stranger".

The city stays a stranger
in the bitter winds eye cast upon shadow less shapes that issue from obscure corners
dividing the ancient labyrinths at dusk
Solemn stone walls suspended in both directions swallow up the steep hills
Unsteady steps dissolve in retrospect towards insensible ground
Torn and ragged streets confront the silence of the cries of a thousand incoherencies
speaking at the cold border that feeds grooved tentacles
That beckons, walk with me
I can lead the way to terrified solitude
I can decapitate the present from the past
I am the wayfarer with his dark deference and troubled movement staggering in the twilight
I am the car that roars by with the breath of uncontrollable horses
I am the two girls filled with mad joy, snatching puffs of cigarettes and brushing back their hair
I am the festival at night, the little man, and the pointed prison
I am the rush of the crowd, the smoke, and the blazing light
I have come for you again
Awake from your disturbed dreams and troubled pillow
Walk these un-straight lines as we mingle with tomorrow

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Except for TH'ing (treasure hunting) my only hobby is gals. :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your guys art and excellent ability makes me feel inadequate! My other hobby is hunting and shooting. I love to hit the woods before daylight on a crisp fall day and watch the sun come up. And mostly just enjoy watching the scenery around me. Bringing home game for the table is a bonus and I come home empty handed more often than not. I also like to shoot in military bolt action matches at my gun club. The competition is friendly and it is amazing how accurate an old rifle over a hundred years old will shoot. Monty

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Monty said:
Your guys art and excellent ability makes me feel inadequate! My other hobby is hunting and shooting. I love to hit the woods before daylight on a crisp fall day and watch the sun come up. And mostly just enjoy watching the scenery around me. Bringing home game for the table is a bonus and I come home empty handed more often than not. I also like to shoot in military bolt action matches at my gun club. The competition is friendly and it is amazing how accurate an old rifle over a hundred years old will shoot. Monty
That's a cool hobby monty. I love to watch those sharshooter shows on the history channel.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My only other hobbies are Arts 'n Crafts, Sewing, Cross-Stitching, but Genealogy is my first love! Learning to use my hubby's router and trying out all those awesome bits I got him for Father's Day... to find some neat designs to make nice shelves! I am so loving the router!!! I am building a shelf unit in my spare bedroom. Can't put it up until my dau gets home in Dec to move out her bedroom set to her home. Then that room will house all my Arts 'n Crafts, Sewing, and Genealogy stuff! So, I don't have anything to post yet, but hopefully by January, my new room will be complete!!! Then I will teach my boys how to sew!!!

Beautiful painting and chest!! Great craftsmanship!
Annmarie

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Sailing and book writing...

Nice picture... great chest... two things I absolutely can't do.

Here is my book writing when I'm on the sail boat.... closest picture I have of the other two hobbies.

sailing and writing.jpg

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
jglunt said:
I'm a woodworker and I especially enjoy making pieces in the arts & crafts style. Here's one of my newer pieces, a blanket chest in solid Cherry. It was made from a local tree was over 3' in diameter. I was able to acquire the logs which I had sawn and kiln dried at a local mill. I still have a single slab that's over 30" wide that I'm going to make a table out of some day.

Jim

Nice work.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
DJ_Quinn said:
My other hobby is writing. Short stories and poetry. Here's a poem I wrote about Waterford City in Ireland last year when I was still living there. It's called "The City Stays A Stranger".

in the bitter winds eye cast upon shadow less shapes that issue from obscure corners
dividing the ancient labyrinths at dusk
Solemn stone walls suspended in both directions swallow up the steep hills
Unsteady steps dissolve in retrospect towards insensible ground
Torn and ragged streets confront the silence of the cries of a thousand incoherencies
speaking at the cold border that feeds grooved tentacles
That beckons, walk with me
I can lead the way to terrified solitude
I can decapitate the present from the past
I am the wayfarer with his dark deference and troubled movement staggering in the twilight
I am the car that roars by with the breath of uncontrollable horses
I am the two girls filled with mad joy, snatching puffs of cigarettes and brushing back their hair
I am the festival at night, the little man, and the pointed prison
I am the rush of the crowd, the smoke, and the blazing light
I have come for you again
Awake from your disturbed dreams and troubled pillow
Walk these un-straight lines as we mingle with tomorrow

Very impressive. Writing is something I never persued. Did well in school with it but never carried on afterwards.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Monty said:

I enjoy a trip to the range on occasion, but never did any hunting. Being raised a city boy I never had the opportunity.

Ray S.

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Ron and Ann said:
My only other hobbies are Arts 'n Crafts, Sewing, Cross-Stitching, but Genealogy is my first love! Learning to use my hubby's router and trying out all those awesome bits I got him for Father's Day... to find some neat designs to make nice shelves! I am so loving the router!!! I am building a shelf unit in my spare bedroom. Can't put it up until my dau gets home in Dec to move out her bedroom set to her home. Then that room will house all my Arts 'n Crafts, Sewing, and Genealogy stuff! So, I don't have anything to post yet, but hopefully by January, my new room will be complete!!! Then I will teach my boys how to sew!!!

Beautiful painting and chest!! Great craftsmanship!
Annmarie

Wood working has always interested me. I made a few pieces but nothing to brag about. LOL Well, one pice, a hanging book shelf, made of cherry came out very nice.

Nothign wrong with showing your boys to sew. It is one of lifes necessities. Go for it.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Guy In Back said:

Here is my book writing when I'm on the sail boat.... closest picture I have of the other two hobbies.

Did you ever get you work published?

Ray S

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Guy In Back said:

What are you writing guy?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
DJ_Quinn said:
Guy In Back said:

Yep, it's published. My icon is the book cover. You can click on my website link for the blog and book. I hope you like both...

The book is an action adventure Florida book, the bird in the picture is my biggest critic :-)

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Guy In Back said:
DJ_Quinn said:
Guy In Back said:

Yep, it's published. My icon is the book cover. You can click on my website link for the blog and book. I hope you like both...

The book is an action adventure Florida book, the bird in the picture is my biggest critic :-)

Super. I will have to stop by B&N and see if they have it in stock.

Ray S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread