Do you have more luck with boxes at certain banks?

I thought I had better luck at a bank. But, nope. They all suck for boxes.

about 1 coin every 2.5 boxes.

I think is is the company rolling the coins more so than the Bank.

Brinks at least for dimes stinks but that is just my opinion

There's really no way to know. Some people do really well with Brinks in one area while others in another area might have horrible luck with Brinks. And so goes the same for all of the other companies (Loomis, Garda, Dunbar...). CRHing depends on people putting collections & silver into the wild where they'll get mixed with all of the clad. There is no way to say one is better than the other or one you have a higher chance to find something over the other, in my opinion. It is all about increasing your opportunity to find something (volume) & luck.

The brinks effect I believe is due to the clear wrappers - those boxes just get recycled over and over by CRH without ever returning to the bulk lot at the coin facility, to get mixed in with more silver. They just retape the lid. So brinks success probably depends on how many people are side searching dimes in your area.

I've been keeping data on all my CRH for awhile, when I get enough, if there's a pattern I'll see it. so far finds are so sporadic that I will need a huge sample size to tell anything.

Navy Federal/Loomis here in Virginia Beach is ok but not the greatest I get about 1.6 per box on average for Halves...at least until I nail a dream box.

the only two suppliers in my area that i get from are brinks and garda.
Brinks was pretty hot for me the first 12 boxes of this year(january through mid february) giving me about a 3-4 silver per box average, but since then, i've gotten nothing in the last 20 or so boxes searched, same bank and all.

garda however, is a different story. They suck. I am being straight forward, everybody dumps into garda including some folks who are doing 10+ boxes a week. at least 4 members are on this website that I know of, and probrably more that I don't know of.
I've had several skunk box streaks of 20+ skunks for half dollars, but my worst skunk streak went from august of 2011 to february of 2012 with garda, a 56 box skunk streak at 2 boxes per week. what follows? a box with 12 silvers in it, one of my best boxes ever. Closely followed by that were about 10 or more skunk boxes. recently, silver is making it's way through, but lots and lots of skunks still and my average is way less then 1 silver every 2 boxes, maybe every 3-4 boxes.

you never know when a good box will pop up in the mix...

remember this,
a box of coins is ALWAYS a skunk box until you actually open the box and go through the coins, you never know what the next box may hold.

Life is like a box of halves. You never know what your going to get. Sorry I had to....

Nope, for me it is more about the armored car service they use. I like Garda for Dimes and Brinks for halves where I am at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back