Do you have PROOF of a KGC treasure?

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Texas Jay said:
Zinc doesn't "rust", it corrodes. There's a difference.
~Jay~
Ok so I was reading this topic over again and spotted this. So I thought a science lesson was needed for some.
Rust is a "FORM" of corrosion but it only comes from iron. Now Zinc will actually corrode faster than normal when exposed to dirt and water run off due to the fact of the high CO2 content in the soil from decaying vegetation and living organisms. The water run off also carries natural salts that causes corrosion as well in zink. It will corrode and that along with all the dirt from a hundred years would make it hard to open regardless. Your not opening it like it was put there the day before unless......wait for it........wait for it......it was put there the day before!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Here's a way to see if they stick or not. Bury a mason jar with the zinc lid
and the white ceramic sealer in Kansas. Then wait 100 years before digging
it up and trying to reopen. Or if you cannot live that long put it in your will
for your heirs as a condition of their inheritence.

Now that is ridiculous. So was the credibility of Pastore. Nice try but no cigar.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever get a chance to view the program again? What we need is a lesson on horticulture and the time it takes for roots to grow over a target such as the jar and coins. My guess is that it takes more than a "day" or a few days but then I'm not an expert on plants or their roots. :laughing9:
~Texas Jay

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Sorry Jay, but I've been without power for the past few days. It seems mother nature didn't want me to watch the show again but I'll get to it as soon as I can. I do know it's possible to dig a hole between roots especially one for something as small as a jar.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
The jar was definitely broken and the ground is definitely soft, its all sand and sandstone in that spot. I don't remember seeing any roots either. Just a couple of guys beating away at the ground wuth a shovel like they weren't worried about damaging anything.

Of course thats pretty much standard procedure for Pastore so I guess that doesn't count.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I intend to look at next time is whether or not the hunters even tried to take the zinc lid off of the broken jar top. Since the coins were not in the jar, because it was broken, I don't see the point of wasting time removing the lid off of a piece of glass and I don't remember them ever doing that. They were too busy seeing how many coins were in the hole and looking at the all-important dates. Besides, it would have been a good way of getting cut on the broken jar rim and that would not have made for good tv.
~Texas Jay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pastore was not alone in faking that "dig". The people of the History Channel will get actively involved in setting up a "good" program.

Example:
A program aired October 14, 2009 on History Chanel called MysteryQuest.. That episode was entitled "Alien Cover-up" and had a member of the MUFON on camera as the UFO "expert". Mark Easter, the MUFON representative has, since, written a 2-part article for the MUFON, UFO Journal exposing how the Associate Producer of that program had their "find" of wreckage faked. Mr. Easter had no idea of the intent of the producer until they were out in the field for filming. His article tells just how far those program folks went to produce a "good" program. He wrote his expose article as an apology for his part in lending authenticity to that whole deal.

So, from now on, I will watch any History Channel program with a healthy dose of scepticism and view their productions as fictional accounts of ..................whatever their subject may be. This Jesse James program is definitely in that catagory. >:(

The History Channel's creds are totally SHOT as far as I'm concerned.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
They did not try to take the lid off of the jar, at least not on camera. I'm surprised they didn't get cut to begin with since they had to dig through the broken glass to get to their coins. I also don't think it showed them retrieving all of the coins from the ground, just one or two of the silvers and then it cut to a hand holding several coins inlcuding a couple of golds.

I have heard through a third party that the History Channel is currently working with that the producer of the Pastore show was unhappy with what she had learned after the fact about Pastore and his "finds". I'm not sure the History Channel had anything to do with the actual plants (plants being my opinion) but they were actively involved in the editing process so this still makes them culpable in my opinion. The History Channel needs to change it's name to the Story Channel.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, Alec, are you saying that all of okie's talk about the zinc jar lid coming off easily was just smoke and mirrors?
~Texas Jay

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Holy cow again with the smoke and mirrors bit? TexasJay no one here is trying to fool anyone. they are trying to give their honest opinions. Please respect that so that we may all get along.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
It really would be nice if folks could get along, even if they disagree. :thumbsup:

TW

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Texas Jay said:
So, Alec, are you saying that all of okie's talk about the zinc jar lid coming off easily was just smoke and mirrors?
~Texas Jay

No, I'm not. I'm saying I don't remember them trying to take the lid off. I also remember the lid being very clean and almost pristine, just like the glass that was in the ground. Way too clean to have been there for 50 years, much less 100 years. The "find" was a plant pure and simple.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lastleg said:
>:( O a n l e e e M a a k e B e l e e e e v e >:(

That's a line from Conway Twitty's first hit record. :thumbsup:

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Jay, my power came back on so I had the chance to watch the show again. I paid special attention to the roots. There was one about the size of my finger and the rest were very tiny. Next let's look at the broken jar. It came out of the ground with the lid on. In the next shot of the jar the lid was off. The rim of the jar was very clean and bright with no signs of CORROSION from the zinc lid. Here is were the History Channel could clear a few things up by showing the complete dig without editing, but we all know that won't happen. I'm going to side with the crowd who thinks the jar was planted.

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
OKIE, I am afraid you are way off here, you did not take into account the extreme care the KGC took in the planting of payday caches. They had the best minds in all of the south working on these new techniques. There were countless hours, thousands of ideas, and millions of tests done to perfect these caches. These new mason jars invented by the KGC came with lids made of corrosion free/ easy open lids. The new glass was resistant to etching and staining when buried. There was an toxin placed on the outside of the lid to keep roots from growing on top of them. I believe it was Colonel Sanders who developed these new mason jars. The Zinc had 11 secret herbs and spices, I mean alloys. :laughing9: :tongue3: :hello2:

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okie, I respect your right to form your own conclusions about the History Channel program and will not try to prove you are wrong about them any longer on this forum. I only ask that each member here watch the program and form your own independent conclusions. I'm not on Pastore's payroll and I am surely not sharing any information with him about our Texas KGC sites. I don't even agree with Pastore about many of his conclusions or the way he went about his search and have many good reasons, from other friends of mine who have had dealings with him, for my disagreements. So, I will just keep working on my own business while waiting on "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure: Part 2" to come out. I have more important work to do than to waste my time defending or criticizing Pastore. If he wants to share his side of the story with us, he is certainly able to join this site and post for himself.
~Texas Jay

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Part II? Let's hope not!

I think the next thing you see from the story channel will be something about treasure hunting and the JJ legend of SE Kansas, maybe by the end of this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread