Do you have PROOF of a KGC treasure?

BoggyBottomJay

Jun 29, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Texas Jay said:
okie, I respect your right to form your own conclusions about the History Channel program and will not try to prove you are wrong about them any longer on this forum. I only ask that each member here watch the program and form your own independent conclusions. I'm not on Pastore's payroll and I am surely not sharing any information with him about our Texas KGC sites. I don't even agree with Pastore about many of his conclusions or the way he went about his search and have many good reasons, from other friends of mine who have had dealings with him, for my disagreements. So, I will just keep working on my own business while waiting on "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure: Part 2" to come out. I have more important work to do than to waste my time defending or criticizing Pastore. If he wants to share his side of the story with us, he is certainly able to join this site and post for himself.
~Texas Jay
Texas Jay I for one can honestly say I agree with this well thought out post. I too will be waiting as well as many others be waiting to see part 2. I think we may all have our different reasons for watching it but I dont think anyone that has posted here can honestly say they wont watch if there is a part 2. Now that would be a good topic is what we would like to see in part 2.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
I'd like to see a lot less "it could be" or "possibly be" and more this is "verified" and "documented". Here's the proof kind of stuff. I'd also like to see what was at the bottom of the hole they were digging. I'd also like it to be unedited. Show the rest of the dig from start to finish.

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can finally say that I agree with okie's last post about what he would like to see. I'd like to see the same as he would. I'll be watching primarily to see what, if anything, is under the hill that Pastore carelessly destroyed. I'd like to see what caused the big "glow" on the ground penetrating radar screen. If it is what their expert suggested it might be, now, that would be impossible to plant unless the moved Ft. Knox to that location. :)
~Texas Jay

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Texas Jay said:
If it is what their expert suggested it might be, now, that would be impossible to plant unless the moved Ft. Knox to that location. :)
~Texas Jay

I wouldn't hold my breathe, the "expert" only found water on the first dig ::) I can do that with a pair of coat hangers.
Big Hoss

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Big Hoss. I'm certainly not going to be holding my breath as I was not impressed with the "expert's" skills either. Personally, I don't have much use for gpr, magnetometers, or the like. The old-timers didn't use them to bury or locate their treasures so I don't need them either. Give me a trusty old metal detector and the proper accessories and I can do most of what needs doing without tearing up our natural resources in the process.
~Texas Jay

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
Jay, I'm glad we agree on something. With Alec and Hoss in agreement on a few things it might be time for all of us to pick lottery numbers. LOL :icon_thumleft:Research is your best tool, but a gpr is pretty handy to have and if used correctly can save a lot of digging. I think using a unit like US Radar has would be more useful. The laptop is located on the gpr and gives you a live readout as you stroll along pushing the machine. Utility companies use it to do locates, but treasure hunters would find it useful as well. Cost is the limiting factor for most people though.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
What's this world coming to? Everybody is agreeing with each other! :laughing9:

GPR can be a useful tool but you have to remember with GPR you are interpreting the results. This takes a lot of experience with a GPR to make the correct interpretations. There are a series of acquisition parameters that have to be set correctly on the a GPR, mainly the antenna. The frequencies used will change how the data appears because too high of a freq lowers your depth and too low of a freq lowers the resolution. YOu have to know something about the ground you are searching in and what you are searching for to set these parameters correctly.

Magnotometers and EMI units are better for deep searching if you don't have the GPR experience because their data isn't interpreted.

It's my opinion that if they actually got a reading in that spot with the GPR (and I'm not sure they did) it was another water reading. The hill they where digging in has a cave in it at one end that was formed by water seeping from the hill.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Well....butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Alec, Hoss, Jay, and Okie are in agreement on something. :laughing7:

TW

Twistedpistol

Feb 12, 2022
Idk if im on to something or not but i found a hoot owl tree and about 10 ft infront of it is a tree that has been twistest and it looks as though it was tied up like that cause there are stress marks. So i started metal detecting and in a straight line from where the twisted tree and the hoot owl tree line up i found an old pocket knife. Not sure how old it is. It was not in line of the way the “hoot owl” tree was pointed.

Twistedpistol

Feb 12, 2022
I'd like to see a lot less "it could be" or "possibly be" and more this is "verified" and "documented". Here's the proof kind of stuff. I'd also like to see what was at the bottom of the hole they were digging. I'd also like it to be unedited. Show the rest of the dig from start to finish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread