OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I did not say his wealth was in new mexico, only the bread crumb trail, and yes, they did use the Colorado river, but, I know they did not travel all the way to the grand canyon with the bulk of the wealth, after depositing their wealth at a certain area ,they did make that trip to continue their deception, with their bread crumb trails in case the Spanish were able to follow them.np:cat:

Put yourself in the mindset of the era. Remember, there were no dams. The Colorado River was WILD.
Think of the challenge of getting any kind of watercraft farther north than El Dorado canyon.
Think of the logistics involved in moving such a treasure.
Remember, this whole area was part of their homeland.
I have considered the terrain, the river and the entrance to the canyon. And yes, I too, have been through out the canyon.
The Aztecs would have cached their treasures somewhere difficult to retrieve but not impossible to access.

Since we have come this far in our discussion and have reached the Colorado River, let me share some excerpts from some correspondence that I received in 2013.
They are from a friend who is a retired geologist.
For obvious reasons, the names and places are omitted.

"I was hiking close to _______, in a place that was, geologically speaking, interesting. It was a hot day and I decided to take a break and rest for a moment. When I noticed a boulder up against a hill that looked odd and when I walked over to examine it, I found a cross above it. Not a normal cross but one with two cross bars. I was able to move it with only a small amount of pressure. The boulder had been positioned such that pivot points were established to respond to a moderate amount of pressure. I was able to move the boulder and behind it was a tunnel that lead upward, where I could not see. I was stupid, took my flashlight and camera and entered the tunnel. I walked for about 15 minutes and found myself in a chamber that was massive. The sunlight came in from several portals in the mountain above the roof. In the middle was a temple and several structures that had __________, Latin and a language that I did not recognize. I took about 80 pictures and then turned to make my way out." "Really, I do not have a clue what to do."

"Thanks for the suggestions. I have a friend with the __________ in Washington, D.C., who know that I am a serious person. I spoke with him today and faxed him a number of pictures. He just called me and they are flying out two folks who I will meet with on Sunday and take them to the site. I was really surprised how they urgently wanted to get control of the site. I will keep you in the loop and thanks for all the help.

"My friend from Washington called last night, he said they are bringing a small military contingent with them to guard the site. He said my pictures have caused quite a stir. I hope I did the right thing. This is all getting a bit strange."

"This is getting stranger and stranger. I just got a call at home from a _______ agent. I was asked to stop using my computer until they take control of the site. How did they know? I agreed. I will let you know how all this goes."

"What an incredible weekend. We got to the site early Sunday morning before dawn. The helicopter ride was mind blowing. There were about 20 _____ people including a number that were armed. Once we entered the site, they set up monitoring stations in several places outside and had 2 men monitor the area from the main cavern. I underwent a lot of questioning about the people I met and my knowledge of the site. I am not sure they believed me. For now only their folks will be allowed in there and the site is under 24 hour guard. There are several agents parked across the street from my residence and I have been told not to communicate with anyone for now. I will get back to you when I can."

"Apparently, the public is becoming aware of what is going on up there. I told those jokers that they could not do too much in the open. Helicopters all over the place. What did they expect. Just the other night, they woke me up, flew me up there and wanted to know if the stuff they had was most of what was in there. Told them I did not know. Hell they blew a damn hole in the ceiling, dropped cables down and flew stuff out during the night in the biggest helicopter I had ever seen. I am afraid this place will never see the light of day at least not in our lifetimes. One guy told me they were flying it into the Nevada desert at a certain location."

"I am OK but this is getting on my nerves. I have answered their questions on several occasions. But they still keep on me. I am beginning to feel like a damn criminal. Whatever they have found has really shook them up. And no one will talk to me. A few days ago, a couple of hikers were near the site. I was in there answering what I could. The hikers got too close and they were taken somewhere for questioning. These guys are hiding in the rocks like Apaches. I am afraid these people just make people disappear if needed. Hopefully, in a few days this crap with my house will end."

"Why these folks are still parked outside my house is getting on my nerves. Do they expect me to run? What in the world did they find in there that has them so scared?"

So, do you think if something was found any one would ever know? np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the research done on V.P. and the caballo's, DOC and Willie D., Hows this worked for you?, did this tell you where the treasure originated, who actually put it there to start with, or how large this treasure was. no, the only thing you have, is supposedly eye witnesses, after the fact and after docs death, and none have provable gold that they took at the time, how many people that saw this treasure
actually picked up gold or any item and took it with them to prove their story.
When researching a supposed treasure in a place like V.P. or the caballo's, you have to follow where the research leads you. Not were you want it to be,No matter how hard you try,you cannot ,will it to be
in a place of your choosing, as strange as things seem, they were done that way for a reason, by the people, that had the treasure to start with.np:cat:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All the research done on V.P. and the caballo's, DOC and Willie D., Hows this worked for you?, did this tell you where the treasure originated, who actually put it there to start with, or how large this treasure was. no, the only thing you have, is supposedly eye witnesses, after the fact and after docs death, and none have provable gold that they took at the time, how many people that saw this treasure
actually picked up gold or any item and took it with them to prove their story.
When researching a supposed treasure in a place like V.P. or the caballo's, you have to follow where the research leads you. Not were you want it to be,No matter how hard you try,you cannot ,will it to be
in a place of your choosing, as strange as things seem, they were done that way for a reason, by the people, that had the treasure to start with.np:cat:

There is undoubtedly deception and misdirection ingrained in every treasure legend that the public reads about and eats up. In the Willie/Doc legends, we can be pretty damned sure there was gold involved, and significant quantities. Where did it come from?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story NP! But I am curious, if the government is already in control of the site, and as he said the public was already aware, would there be any objections to your friend revealing more and perhaps show some of the 80 photos he took in the cavern he says he found? Its like VP, we wouldn't be able to access it anyway, and the government already removed everything as you said above, so why is there any continued need for secrecy?

I'm also curious what agency took over the site, did he by any chance tell you?

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of sending information to Washington, perhaps he should have simply gone public with his findings. Then with the light of day on the situation, any governmental shenanigans would have been kept to a minimum, or would have at least been open to public scrutiny.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" .... I found a cross above it. Not a normal cross but one with two cross bars. I was able to move it with only a small amount of pressure. "

" .... In the middle was a temple and several structures that had __________, Latin and a language that I did not recognize "

Np

So , that go back in the Toltecs and Calalus era . About six centuries before Montezuma . The era of the " seven cities of gold " legend .

Now , from what I have read in the " Rosalee letter " about the other temple with the Montezuma treasure , the tunel is downward . You can read at The Lost Aztec Treasure
And from what you will read , three of the four pages from the treasure description were missed .

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I'm mistaken, that would be a patriarchal cross, or cross of Lorraine. Often associated with the Knight's Templar and the crusades.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UncleMatt, Its a natural thing to want to second guess people and there actions, Im positive this person was doing what he thought was the right thing, but things ,even if done right,
do not turn out the way they want them to, everything this man and others had on this site was immediately confiscated, including all communication devices, and his house. there were others involved in this not just him. and they also were investigated. the whole story was wiped out, all evidence taken. he even said while this was happening that he was afraid that this would never see the light of day even in our life time. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Np

So , that go back in the Toltecs and Calalus era . About six centuries before Montezuma . The era of the " seven cities of gold " legend .

Now , from what I have read in the " Rosalee letter " about the other temple with the Montezuma treasure , the tunel is downward . You can read at The Lost Aztec Treasure
And from what you will read , three of the four pages from the treasure description were missed .

markmar, hello , read the article thank you, its nice to hear from you, done any more research on the ( lil map ) , have a nice day. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you see where that leaves any researcher who reads your story, right?

Yes, I do, these are communications between myself and someone else,not my story,this was an experience that happened to a friend, something I wanted to share, but, no one, is or was researching
this site ,in the area it was located , so I don't see your point.np:cat: ps.besides, If you read the communication you would know that there is nothing to research now, what
would be the point. np:cat:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O no , another dead end story
HA HA, kind of like your post,maybe you will learn to read, its not a story, its a communication between two people that was shared. there should be no expectations.np:cat:

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"My friend from Washington called last night, he said they are bringing a small military contingent with them to guard the site. He said my pictures have caused quite a stir. I hope I did the right thing. This is all getting a bit strange."

"This is getting stranger and stranger. I just got a call at home from a _______ agent. I was asked to stop using my computer until they take control of the site. How did they know? I agreed. I will let you know how all this goes."

"What an incredible weekend. We got to the site early Sunday morning before dawn. The helicopter ride was mind blowing. There were about 20 _____ people including a number that were armed. Once we entered the site, they set up monitoring stations in several places outside and had 2 men monitor the area from the main cavern. I underwent a lot of questioning about the people I met and my knowledge of the site. I am not sure they believed me. For now only their folks will be allowed in there and the site is under 24 hour guard. There are several agents parked across the street from my residence and I have been told not to communicate with anyone for now. I will get back to you when I can."

"Apparently, the public is becoming aware of what is going on up there. I told those jokers that they could not do too much in the open. Helicopters all over the place. What did they expect. Just the other night, they woke me up, flew me up there and wanted to know if the stuff they had was most of what was in there. Told them I did not know. Hell they blew a damn hole in the ceiling, dropped cables down and flew stuff out during the night in the biggest helicopter I had ever seen. I am afraid this place will never see the light of day at least not in our lifetimes. One guy told me they were flying it into the Nevada desert at a certain location."

"I am OK but this is getting on my nerves. I have answered their questions on several occasions. But they still keep on me. I am beginning to feel like a damn criminal. Whatever they have found has really shook them up. And no one will talk to me. A few days ago, a couple of hikers were near the site. I was in there answering what I could. The hikers got too close and they were taken somewhere for questioning. These guys are hiding in the rocks like Apaches. I am afraid these people just make people disappear if needed. Hopefully, in a few days this crap with my house will end."

"Why these folks are still parked outside my house is getting on my nerves. Do they expect me to run? What in the world did they find in there that has them so scared?"

So, do you think if something was found any one would ever know? np:cat:[/QUOTE]

Relax, we are from the government and are here to help.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
UncleMatt, Its a natural thing to want to second guess people and there actions, Im positive this person was doing what he thought was the right thing, but things ,even if done right,
do not turn out the way they want them to, everything this man and others had on this site was immediately confiscated, including all communication devices, and his house. there were others involved in this not just him. and they also were investigated. the whole story was wiped out, all evidence taken. he even said while this was happening that he was afraid that this would never see the light of day even in our life time. np:cat:

I'm curious, np. If your buddy lost everything, even his house, during this government action, then why didn't they come to you - an email recipient of this guy's story - and seize your computer and old emails too? How did you escape the net?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is nothing to research, and its all over now and nothing left to see or learn, why would the word describing the general area he was hiking be omitted from the first paragraph? Or the word describing one of the languages in the temple? Was that taken out of the story by you NP, or by the guy who sent you this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread