OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar, I hope casca or some one else can post their pictures of the heart, there are several heart rock formations in and around the cabollo's.
the largest is on the east side of the mnts, its about two miles north of the towers on the face of the mnts, this natural heart formation is very large,
and there is a tunnel running through the back of it. maybe some one has pictures, np:cat:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Another quote

About the " fox " heart ( almacén ) in the red map , is there in Arizona , with the witch in the middle

View attachment 989160 View attachment 989165

Are another two stone maps which show this heart , but are smaller ( half ) and have different orientation in the " fox " heart .
Also , all show the same point , which is this

View attachment 989172

And now , back to Caballo Mountains .

Marius,

I have an interest in the circle within a heart symbol, actually a progression of three symbols. A heart and circle, side by side, a circle above an open heart and finally, the circle within the heart. Each symbol could be miles away from each other. Have you ever seen these symbols?

Anybody else?

Thanks,
Rick

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdog

The heart symbols are used to mark Spanish treasures and the circle for the caves/mines . These symbols are carved close to the spot . If the heart has not cracks or thunderbolts is a symbol for wealth , but if has , is a warning for a deadly trap which protect the cave/mine .
The first symbol says how the cave is in direction which has the circle from the mine .
The second says how the cave /mine is above the heart but has a deadly trap ( your heart will be broken if you don't pay attention to the other signs ) .
The third says how the cave/mine is behind the heart .
If the heart has cracks or thunderbolts is better to stay away if you don't know to read the next marks out and inside the cave/mine .

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, mdog, and any one else, maybe this will help.
What good is a map unless it gives you defined instructions on what to look for.I believe on this map there is a set of instructions and only one place to look for.
the dotted trail takes you to an area marked cabollo, there it has marked almacen. on each side of this area there are two triangle markers on the trail pointing
to the area marked cabollo and almacen. notice the dotted trail takes you from cabollo to the upper right side of the map to what looks like a hill or mnt with a
certain shape. the dotted trail from cabollo takes you to the heart, but the heart area has no name,only almacen. but if you notice the area marked cabollo it has
almacen with three crosses below it. at the top of the heart notice it has almacen and right below it is three crosses. I think the hill or mnt shape on the right hand
side of the map shows you what to look for in the cabollo's. once you find that area I think the heart and other signs around it are what you need to look for in that
area to find the almacen. notice there is a circle in between almacen and the three crosses in the area marked cabollo. hope this helps,np:cat:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
mdog

The heart symbols are used to mark Spanish treasures and the circle for the caves/mines . These symbols are carved close to the spot . If the heart has not cracks or thunderbolts is a symbol for wealth , but if has , is a warning for a deadly trap which protect the cave/mine .
The first symbol says how the cave is in direction which has the circle from the mine .
The second says how the cave /mine is above the heart but has a deadly trap ( your heart will be broken if you don't pay attention to the other signs ) .
The third says how the cave/mine is behind the heart .
If the heart has cracks or thunderbolts is better to stay away if you don't know to read the next marks out and inside the cave/mine .

Thanks Marius. I'm hundreds of miles away from New Mexico and Arizona but your interpretation is helpful. There were no Spanish gold or silver mines where I am but, instead of a cave or mine, the circle could indicate a vault. Also the time period here would be late 19th century.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Thanks Marius. I'm hundreds of miles away from New Mexico and Arizona but your interpretation is helpful. There were no Spanish gold or silver mines where I am but, instead of a cave or mine, the circle could indicate a vault. Also the time period here would be late 19th century.

mdog, did Dubuque get any silver out of his lead mines upstream from you?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
mdog, did Dubuque get any silver out of his lead mines upstream from you?

I've found one account that mentions him finding silver in his lead mines but no mention about any of the others, who mined after him, finding silver. I've read about the Jesuits bringing in some Spanish miners to check out lead deposits in Missouri to see if there might be the possibility of finding silver in those lead mines. It seems the Spaniards told them that the deeper they dug into the lead deposits the better their chances were to find silver. I don't know how that turned out either.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick

The heart symbol of the treasure was adopted and from other folks , usually from western Europe . The treasure symbols and their meanings remain the same over the centuries , like a " jointly accepted code " .

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Rick

The heart symbol of the treasure was adopted and from other folks , usually from western Europe . The treasure symbols and their meanings remain the same over the centuries , like a " jointly accepted code " .

I spent a lot of time, in the past, trying to find the origin of the heart symbol. The symbol doesn't really look much like a human heart so I was wondering when and how the symbol was used. The earliest artifact I could find was a Greek amphora from Boeotia that dated to about 680 B.C.

004.jpg

The head of Artemis is shaped like the heart symbol. I wonder when and by who it was first used to signify a treasure.

Rick

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I spent a lot of time, in the past, trying to find the origin of the heart symbol. The symbol doesn't really look much like a human heart so I was wondering when and how the symbol was used. The earliest artifact I could find was a Greek amphora from Boeotia that dated to about 680 B.C.

View attachment 992385

The head of Artemis is shaped like the heart symbol. I wonder when and by who it was first used to signify a treasure.

Rick

I think they have found heart symbols in cave paintings dating to nearly 30,000 years BC, like the Sacred Heart panel in a cave in France, but no one knows what the symbol meant to them at that time. Could be an interesting study.
Oroblanco

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick

The heart symbol exist more than 30000 years ( about 36000 ) . At that era the heart has a very ancient scientific meaning . Means the point where the two powers ( positive and negative ) are joined . This point has a neutral energy ( zero ) and represent the healthy point for our planet . In that era the heart symbol was the same with the infinity symbol .

Ancient energy symbols.jpg

In your picture , the positive energy is represented of the swastika which run to the left ( emits ) , and the negative energy is the wolf's tail which run to the right ( absorbs - the circle beginning from the centre ) . The swastika which run to the left represent our sun ( the cross ) and the planets which run to the left around it , and the swastika which run to the right represent the black hole which absorbe all the suns ( energy ) .
So , the picture is a metaphor to how the balanced hunting ( Artemis is the hunt goddess ) could keep the world's fauna in a healthy condition .

I believe the heart symbol for treasures , was adopted after the tenth century AD , by the social level who believed how exist a close relation between the health and the wealth . Maybe in that period (?) the rich people lived more than the poor . After , some religions gave to the heart symbol the meaning of love and honor .
How the the wealth was mixed with health , we can see in this text which could be a reference to the Caballo almacen :

Pope%20Pius%20III.JPG

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
... The head of Artemis is shaped like the heart symbol. I wonder when and by who it was first used to signify a treasure.
Rick

Rick,
In the popular lore, it seems to be associated with the 'Spanish' (good Catholics) as a coded reference to Luke 12:34 and Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." It seems there may be some evidence that this may have some validity, but I think the idea has been way overplayed. Even so, below are three heart-shaped rocks found in very significant locations.

Heart and 3.JPG
Near Santa Rita, NM

Heart 1.JPG
Cookes Range, NM

100-0019_IMG.JPG
Organ Mountains, NM

I'm cautious about treasure maps in general, and especially ones available to the general public. NP's top photo in Post #72 is interesting, presumably being a copy of a 17th century map. For one thing, any time I see the word 'oro' on a 'treasure map', I bristle. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Caballo range was known in the 18th century as El Perrillo Sierra. That's troubling - seems like if the 1861 map was copied from a 1646 map, the new copy shouldn't have been edited. What's the provenance of this map?

That said, it's interesting that I have found a few of the map's symbols myself at specific and significant locations having to do with treasure rumors in sw New Mexico (below).

Las Cruces.JPG
Alleged Aztec site, Cookes Range, NM

Pointer.JPG
Alleged Aztec site, Cookes Range, NM

sun.jpg
_____ Creek, NM

Sun2.JPG
Cookes Range, NM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
springfield, the maps 1, 2, and three were never shown to the public or anyone else until 1995 and even then were kept secret, there reasons for this, the heart shaped map was used by jerry c , in his 1995 and 1996 hunt in the cabollo's, I believe these maps were copied several times, maybe no more than three times, I put the heart map on my other thread to see what kind of reaction I would get almost a year ago no one paid any attention to it which wasn't surprising , np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, mdog, and any one else, maybe this will help.
What good is a map unless it gives you defined instructions on what to look for.I believe on this map there is a set of instructions and only one place to look for.
the dotted trail takes you to an area marked cabollo, there it has marked almacen. on each side of this area there are two triangle markers on the trail pointing
to the area marked cabollo and almacen. notice the dotted trail takes you from cabollo to the upper right side of the map to what looks like a hill or mnt with a
certain shape. the dotted trail from cabollo takes you to the heart, but the heart area has no name,only almacen. but if you notice the area marked cabollo it has
almacen with three crosses below it. at the top of the heart notice it has almacen and right below it is three crosses. I think the hill or mnt shape on the right hand
side of the map shows you what to look for in the cabollo's. once you find that area I think the heart and other signs around it are what you need to look for in that
area to find the almacen. notice there is a circle in between almacen and the three crosses in the area marked cabollo. hope this helps,np:cat:

I believe when you find the correct area in the cabollo's you need to look for the heart and other symbols, remember jerry c was looking for what he called rabbit ears, np:cat:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

Jerry C. had the wrong impression how the fox ( or rabbit ) heart was in the Caballo mountains . Maybe Doc Noss lied to Jerry C. about this heart . I believe Doc N. have found the spot in the Caballos just reading the map and had not knowlwdge to where was the fox/rabbit heart .
As I wrote , if anyone knew from where to start , the map is not difficult . The key is the ... ( be continued ) .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe when you find the correct area in the cabollo's you need to look for the heart and other symbols, remember jerry c was looking for what he called rabbit ears, np:cat:

Hey NP,

You do know that the "Rabbit Ears Massif" is in the Organ Mountains, right?

rabbitearsmassif.jpg

Mike

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, I don't believe jerry c , and doc ever had any kind of conversation about anything, jerry c never knew about these maps until 1994 or 1995, np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, these maps have nothing to do with v p , and if they would have been connected with v p they would have been used a long time ago, I believe that the original maps at some point belonged to willie d, but I don't believe willie found them like he said, I think doc either copied them or took them from willie at some point in time, I believe willie d, was the finder of a treasure in the cabollo mnts, but doc I think did something to prevent his entering the treasure location ever again like blowing the entrance ,I think doc took enough out of the vault, hid it ,then to keep willie out of it he blew the entrance, that's why willie was coming back at different times to his cache's in the cabollo's, I could say more but I would like other peoples thoughts , thank you. np:cat:

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, I don't believe jerry c , and doc ever had any kind of conversation about anything, jerry c never knew about these maps until 1994 or 1995, np:cat:

NP

My mistake . From my previous post , ignore only the suspicion about Doc lied to Jerry about that heart .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hill sign in front of the natural hill . shows the same entrance location with the map #3 . To the left and near the top .

img100.jpg hill mark.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread