cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one ever heard of a CRHer named Michael Smith? Someone by this name approached my by email to sell his coins. (I have a website that is dedicated to buying old coins) Most of the time it is only $10 or so face value.
But this guy wrote:
I seen your website to purchase junk silver. I have about 60 rolls (1200 coins) of 40% Kennedy silver halves. I also have about 5 rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves
Seems he knows about coins and 40%ers and has quite a bunch of them. I can't think of anyone other than a CRHer that would have that amount. But a CRHer would know the value of these coins. I made an offer last Sunday and have not heard back yet. I did not expect to do the buy because of the quantity.

Upvote 0
cyberdan said:
Any one ever heard of a CRHer named Michael Smith? Someone by this name approached my by email to sell his coins. (I have a website that is dedicated to buying old coins) Most of the time it is only $10 or so face value.
But this guy wrote:
I seen your website to purchase junk silver. I have about 60 rolls (1200 coins) of 40% Kennedy silver halves. I also have about 5 rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves
Seems he knows about coins and 40%ers and has quite a bunch of them. I can't think of anyone other than a CRHer that would have that amount. But a CRHer would know the value of these coins. I made an offer last Sunday and have not heard back yet. I did not expect to do the buy because of the quantity.
Hope ya didn't lowball the offer, I have offered 10X face routinely and seldom if ever make a buy. ffd

Um my name is Michael Smith, I sent you no such mail though I wish I had that much to sell. Pretty common name but its not this guy. If they do claim to be me please let me know.

Michael

Cherryman68 said:
Pretty common name but its not this guy. If they do claim to be me please let me know. Michael
I asked him if he did CRH but no answer. My name is pretty common also. I once checked into a hotel and there were 3 people with my full name. :icon_thumleft:

I did track down the email address to a town in northern CA to a Michelle Smith but the email was signed Michael.

Fistfulladirt said:
Hope ya didn't lowball the offer, I have offered 10X face routinely and seldom if ever make a buy.
Fistfull, I did offer less than 10X, I would never pay for my daughters college only paying that. I offer enough though that I very rarely get turned down.

I have NEVER paid 10x face, and I buy silver coins from craigslist all the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back