What's new

Does anybody know if Sanborn maps are accessible again to all ?

Argentium

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
9,079
Reaction score
5,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the maps site here , and saw tons of posts about sanborn continuously blocking
access by changing username/password combinations . Thought I'd ask in a broad forum
like general discussion . Thanks ! Argentium.
 
Thanks for your lone reply man - thought there might be some good response - to this topic
guess not - Argentium.
 
Personally I'd like the info again also.

But, the problem is

The Day the Password gets Posted,
someone realizes it's gone Public & Changes it again.

Possably they Know by # of hits vs. # of paid users.
or average hits per day
 
I found a site while researching earlier this year that has access to the Sanborn maps. It requires no password. Just click and go. I will try to find that in my favorites and let y'all know.
 
Thank you for trying - Hey it doesn't have to be Sanborn - if there are any other free excellent
map sites I'd like to know about them. Argentium.
 
My wife graduated with a minor in GIS and majored in Enviromental Science. I am using whats left of her program time when I can sneak in through her college site. For some reason I get shut down a lot. Downloading everything I can. :laughing7:
 
Bluehunter1973, Thanks for your assistance - I'd love some Colorado , and some New Mexico,
map access . I appreciate it - Argentium.
 
Argentium I can find a lot on the south west. The David Rumsey site is hepful.
http://www.davidrumsey.com/view/articles/maprank-search

I google a lot of the overlays that I do on my maps. When you see the image and click on it when its a sanborn map you can access the site its on 95% of the time. I have over 12000 maps. I am trying to take all the maps I can find on the areas I hunt and do a 3D map by overlapping them from the oldest I can find to present day. Problem is the older ones are not as correct as present day due to of course, current technology. So the older ones can be up to a mile off depending on the map.

The David Rumsey site you can search I will try and put together as many as I can find and send to you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom