What's new

✅ SOLVED Does anybody know what their medal with ribbon is?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to help my sister-in-law out with this. It was in a box with a few other things she inherited from her uncle. Does anybody recognize it?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 4.25.22 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 4.25.22 PM.webp
    381.4 KB · Views: 111
I think it is a United Daughters of the Confederacy medal.
 
Upvote 0
I'd say you're correct. I wonder what it was issued for? Gary
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks a bunch .. I forwarded the info to my sister-in-law. I appreciate your help.

I believe they are membership medals presented to the direct lineage descendants of Confederate veterans. So in this case the name of persons Confederate veteran is engraved on the scroll. I've seen some where the names are done on the brass suspension portion of the cloth hanger.

So someone in the family was a member of the Daughters of The Confederacy.....
 
Upvote 0
May 30, 2020

The national headquarters of the Daughters of the Confederacy, in Richmond, VA, the capital of the Confederacy itself, is on fire.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom