Greenie
Feb 14, 2014
Biloxi, MS.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 3000/d
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be 46 next month, and I've been around metal detectors since the mid 70's, and I've never heard anyone use the terms "juice" or "nectar" until I saw that show diggers, where the guys jump around like broke dick dogs over a penny or dime.. Has anyone else heard these terms before? My dad had an old White's that was huge, and I was the bag holder for years, and he never said stuff like that....

Upvote 0
Very, very few. You feed, clothe, and defend your family and yourself.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Absolutely, it seems most people these days are helpless and just want to be babied by society...

sent from a potato...

So, kinda like the South Bronx today? :headbang:

I can't reply with out breaking our rules Terry...:(

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great that those guys have friends like you watching their backs. Hell I imagine they even pop in here now & then and read this junk. Maybe they are great guys. Maybe I'd buy them a beer. I think ALOT of us are just burned out by TV "reality" shows that are completely staged. Think about it. Pickers is staged, Storage Wars is staged, I have personally met the guys from American Chopper and alot of the fights are staged, etc. Some of us just want to watch an intelligent documentary type show that focuses on facts rather than ratings. These guys find more good stuff in one hole than some of us find in a year.. Really ? EVERY time they go out ? Anyway I wish them the best. Most of us can only dream of getting paid good money for doing something we enjoy and they certainly also have the keys to some gates none of us could ever open through their "connections".
I hear you and agree with you.

I'll be 46 next month, and I've been around metal detectors since the mid 70's, and I've never heard anyone use the terms "juice" or "nectar" until I saw that show diggers, where the guys jump around like broke dick dogs over a penny or dime.. Has anyone else heard these terms before? My dad had an old White's that was huge, and I was the bag holder for years, and he never said stuff like that....
Your right no one uses those words just made up for there dvd's and there tv show……I have been in this for 40 years give or take … never heard any one use words like that…. But i guess to each his own …. Some of the words i use when hunting are not allowed on here..

Last edited:
I remember hearing the word "Nectar" used to describe Waves, Women and Wine as well as other stuff in the 70's!

When they start calling their detectors "love scepters" I might start watching again.

That slang has been around a very long time, it wasn't just made up for a show....

Being an old guy I really don't like the modern term "hater" for anyone who disagrees with someone, so I know you are not a hater just because you aren't a big fan of this show...But having said that, we did have an expression many years ago that fits better...

...party pooper...party pooper....party pooper,,,party pooper...party pooper :tongue1:

I Agree these guys have been drinking the "juice and nectar" and it has mentally done some damage !

Absolutely, it seems most people these days are helpless and just want to be babied by society...

sent from a potato...

if you have figured out how to post to the web from a potatoe, I think you will be a survivor.

if you have figured out how to post to the web from a potatoe, I think you will be a survivor.

Absolutely, you should see what I can do with a onion!

sent from a potato...

Diggers would be a good show if the actors were 8 to 10 yrs old. It's just too much to see 2 grown men act like they haven't gone threw puberty yet. Can't sit through 2 min with out shaking my head. It's embarrassing.

Diggers would be a good show if the actors were 8 to 10 yrs old. It's just too much to see 2 grown men act like they haven't gone threw puberty yet. Can't sit through 2 min with out shaking my head. It's embarrassing.

One show I can't stand is the turtle man...

sent from a potato...

So don't watch it.

I have thought the opposite, take people today and drop them in mid 1700s west of the Mississippi river see how well they survive...

I expect the natives would care for and try to worship me. I would dissuade them from the worship and take the food and shelter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back