Does anyone collect railroad or locomotive stuff?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
You make me feel like a rookie with that many. I have a few railroad lanterns, mostly local to my area. Boston & Maine, Boston & Albany, Maine Central, NY,NH & H, NY Central, etc. Also have a couple of railroad marked wrenches & a B&M oil can that was probably used to fill the lanterns. Funny thing is I find them all the time in NH at antique shops, flea markets, auctions, etc but we are spending the Winter in southern Alabama and I have searhed high & low for some from this area and found exactly ONE.. L&N marked and way overpriced so I left it there.

michaelorange

Jan 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I collect old railroad locks and keys even dug ones working or not working if from older hard to find lines.

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW THIS IS MY KIND OF TOPIC!!!!!! I try to collect anything railroad related especially Southern. I have a few lanterns, many papers from depots, yard offices, freight bills, etc., tools, dishes,and many more items! In fact, check out my most recent find (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,449957.0.html) Share yor collections to, maybe I can get some pics soon! (And if ever wnt to sell some, you know who to contatct :tongue3:)

-ncsilverspider

nowwhat

Jun 1, 2006
CENTRAL ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic lll
I've located a abandoned RR station here in Ala. in the country. it's so overgrown you can't swing a M/D but this winter it will be better I'm sure, plus no snakes! I'll keep everyone in mind if I find anything, this station was in use for a long time, but was closed in the early 1960's the tracks are no longer in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread