What's new

Does anyone have any old maps of Morgan county?

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lillian, Alabama, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to the court house and to the library in Wartburg and they just don't have any older maps of the county. If you have any pre 1900 maps I sure would like to have a copy. Thanks

DANGLANGLEY
 
Dan:
What are you looking for: A building, road, cemetary, minerals, or what? Perhaps with more detailed information requested, we can locate the chart you are looking for.
Don.......
 
Take a drive to the University of Tennessee Map Library. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.
 
Mackaydon said:
Dan:
What are you looking for: A building, road, cemetary, minerals, or what? Perhaps with more detailed information requested, we can locate the chart you are looking for.
Don.......

I am interested in any map that shows where old houses were or might have been, especially in the towns of Morgan county. I sure would appreciate the help. I had no luck at all at the court house and library. Thanks for responding.

DANGLANGLEY
 
CWnut said:
Take a drive to the University of Tennessee Map Library. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.

Thanks for responding. I didn't think about checking there. Thanks a lot.

DANGLANGLEY
 
DAN
I HAVE A 1855 MAP OF TN.
I HAVE LIVED ALL MY LIFE IN MORGAN COUNTY
AND KNOW PART OF IT REAL GOOD
GIVE ME A CALL 423 965 3407


JOHNNY HOWARD
 
I used to live up that way about 25 years ago. I was a relic and coin hunter at the time.I lived in Kingston and Oak Ridge and worked some in Morgan county. I put a ton of research into Morgan and Scott counties but my main focus was Roane. After all of my hard work with maps , I pretty much came to the conclusion that the roads of today are the roads of yesterday as well. I would not focus on civil war sites. If you run into one by accident then wonderful ! But there was not much activity there other that " on the march" , so focus around Springs if you are hunting civil war. Contact me anytime and I will try to think of a few places. If you want to hunt civil war , then go to Kingston. Anywhere you put a detector on the ground ...you might did a bullet or button.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom