What's new

Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo? - SOLVED

turtlefoot13

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
733
Reaction score
105
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that some of the military and firearm experts might be able to help me with this one. I am trying to id this uniform and rifle in this CDV. The image orginated from Napanee, Ontario; which makes me think it is a Canadian soldier but after researching it on the web I couldn't find a match. I checked the Canadian Military Heratige Site, The Canadian War Museum's Site and many others. Is that rifle a flintlock?

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

soldiercdv001.jpg

soldiercdv002.jpg

soldiercdv003.jpg

soldiercdv004.jpg

soldiercdv005.jpg


Thanks,
Doug
 
Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo?

Google 18th century French Military in Canada
 
Upvote 0
Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo?

note the hat and the cuff on the officer that is seated
 

Attachments

  • nwmpofcr.gif
    nwmpofcr.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo?

Musket looks like a '53 Enfield. I think...
 
Upvote 0
Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo?

GL said:
Musket looks like a '53 Enfield. I think...

Agreed, I was going to say late Victorian.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo?

That guy has a manly beard. Looks like mine! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: Does anyone recognize this uniform and rifle in this 19th c. photo?

Hardy,

I do believe that you are right. I have checked several different sites and all of the uniforms look like the one in my image. Thanks for your id.

GL and Crusader - I know nothing about rifles but it sure looks like the same thing.

This is my first N.W.M.P. image!

Thanks,
Doug

I am going to go ahead and green check this one as I think it is solved.
 
Upvote 0
THANX AND HERES THE BELT BUCKLE ;D
 

Attachments

  • TWM4XMCAXHH9NHCALOO3LCCA50JV9BCA5PHXALCA0EX1RVCALZGY3KCAMXO1F0CAL8EI4ICAV4C0EJCAIP655KCAF3KU1...webp
    TWM4XMCAXHH9NHCALOO3LCCA50JV9BCA5PHXALCA0EX1RVCALZGY3KCAMXO1F0CAL8EI4ICAV4C0EJCAIP655KCAF3KU1...webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 0
Now that is a buckle I would like to find. I doubt my chances are very good down here in southern Missouri though. ;D

Thanks again,
Doug
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom