What's new

Does anyone see a pattern here? spammers on T-net

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,221
Reaction score
5,392
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone see a pattern here? I have seen several posts by people asking a question about the value of a common coin. They always ask the same question IE..."i found this 1985s penny in my change. Can you give me the value? Thanks in advance" Even the "thanks in Advance" is exactly the same.

Maybe i am wrong but i think this is a way for spammers to test a potential place to hit.

Its kinda like those phone calls you get where nobody replies when you pick up the phone. Basically the idea behind the phone call is to see if someone answers. If someone does answers then that number is sent to telemarketers and you are hit by several calls very shortly after.

Am i paranoid or are these real idiots asking the dumbest questions ever?
 
Last edited:
Does anyone see a pattern here? I have seen several posts by people asking a question about the value of a common coin. They always ask the same question IE..."i found this 1985s penny in my change. Can you give me the value? Thanks in advance" Even the "thanks in Advance" is exactly the same.

Maybe i am wrong but i think this is a way for spammers to test a potential place to hit.

Its kinda like those phone calls you get where nobody replies when you pick up the phone. Basically the idea behind the phone call is to see if someone answers. If someone does answers then that number is sent to telemarketers and you are hit by several calls very shortly after.

Am i paranoid or are these real idiots asking the dumbest questions ever?

yes probably
 
I cant believe that some folks here respond seriously to 'business opportunities' that first time posters are always offering.

At best, its laziness in not looking up common coin sites to see the value themselves; and I personally discourage anyone from helping lazy people. I rem 1 guy at FM that wanted someone to make him a video so he could see how to do something instead of trying what was already written out for him. I wont help anyone who wont make an honest effort.
 
Well, i have seen the same post using different coin dates from first time posters. At least these don't have links added but i believe these are the precursors to the ones with links.

And god forbid you are dumb enough to click on the link.
 
I say Yes !

you are Paranoid :coffee2:

seems to me these Spammers know very little about what we are about.
if they did they wouldn't be spamming us with Links to Sports Events and
useless Tv shows or websites about games of thrones etc.
 
Last edited:
Some are trolls, some are mentally ill, some are spammers. Kind of like metal detecting, you are going to dig trash. LMAO!
 
I believe it's more the Very Young wanting to Learn
& at the same time Trying to fit in.

I say give those a little slack.
Show them they can learn from us.

B.S. Like this Doesn't Help

abcde.webp

I think I have one of Those

ithinkihave.webp
 
Last edited:
Those coins are a LOT cleaner than the ones I normally deal with!
 
Has nothing to do with spammers, just new members asking questions, spammers don't ask questions, they post and move on.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
 
I believe OP is actually talking about scammers more than spammers. Those lowlifes that are after your money/data.
 
spammers don't ask questions, they post and move on.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Thats just it...they never reply to posts. They just ask the question and that's all. Never a reply.

Chanp...I guess what i am trying to get at is...i believe their is more to these posts than some random kid asking what a coin is worth. Their is more to it.
 
What ever it is, it is always safe to beware. Be Aware. I don't click on newbie links and would certainly never try to buy anything from one of them. How can they hurt me?
 
What ever it is, it is always safe to beware. Be Aware. I don't click on newbie links and would certainly never try to buy anything from one of them. How can they hurt me?

a lot of ways
 
I go with the young folk idea. If you were born, say in 1997, you are now 20. A coin minted in 1985 was like a zillion years before you were born, and you haven't heard of the "red book" yet.
 
I wish there was a reward for reporting spammers
 
I wish their was a way to catch them and force them to eat the crap they serve.
 
I've reported several of those types of posts lately. What I am wondering is are the Mods IP banning or account banning. If account banning only that explains the amount of trash since that same IP can make multiple accounts once one is banned.
 
We ban IPs.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
 
I've reported several of those types of posts lately. What I am wondering is are the Mods IP banning or account banning. If account banning only that explains the amount of trash since that same IP can make multiple accounts once one is banned.

Good question. My gut tells me something is up with these kinds of posts.

Sorry...if a kid can find this site, create and account and make a first post asking if a 1975 penny is worth anything then that same kid could have just as easily did a quick google search and saved a whole lot of time.

It don't make sense.
 
We get same questions from full grown adults.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom