does the Philippine government pay you !!!!!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would u tell anyone if u found some kinda treasure in the first place???

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found an interesting thread about permits, etc. - take a look at Treasures in the Philippines (Feb 24, 2009)

OP
OP
C

colin59

Greenie
Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would u tell anyone if u found some kinda treasure in the first place???
hi dholland02,,,,the reason is we have lots of road block checks here and if you are an illegal treasure hunter you will pay the penalty of life in prison if you are caught with gold bullion,,,

OP
OP
C

colin59

Greenie
Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found an interesting thread about permits, etc. - take a look at Treasures in the Philippines (Feb 24, 2009)

Thanks for that vpnavy,,I took a look at that, nice stuff,,yer I know all about the law and permits here but the locals here say if you submit a treasure to the Government here you won`t get anything back ,,they send the army in to get it but i don`t think this is the case really especially
if you involve lawyers and the TV channels,,, Regards Colin

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

hi dholland02,,,,the reason is we have lots of road block checks here and if you are an illegal treasure hunter you will pay the penalty of life in prison if you are caught with gold bullion,,,

Well gee colin59, the same can be said about supposed ill-gotten-gain ANYWHERE in the world. You can find an penny in ANY park in the world, and ask enough people "can I keep it", and find someone to tell you "no". Heck, and they probably find minutia like you cite about "life in prison" and so forth.

If you're really worried about such things, then for pete's sake, don't treasure hunt. Or sure, show desk-bound bureaucrats and tell them "this belongs to you", and have a ball. If you already thought this was the automatic outcome of finding goodies in your country, why did you ask?

The Phillipines is a culture steeped in treasure supersitions, and most all treasure-lore-stories starting in the phillipines are just that: superstition. But go ahead and have a ball: dig the treasures you are convinced are there, and give it to the govt. "lest you end up in prison for life". Afterall, "gold bullion" is in every single cave. Hurry! :)

May 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom it's good being cranky can't land you in jail for life.

Colin.. If that punishment was even a possibility , I'd leave it in the ground.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I really doubt Collin has to worry about the consequences of finding gold bullion, especially in PI.
Marcos got what there was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread