What's new

Does this look authentic?

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1983.webpIMG_1984.webp

Thank you for your time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm no expert but it looks good to me...a little too good.
Thousands of these were made and sold as re-enactment supplies, many age them and try to sell them as authentic.
It is said a huge amount of civil war memorabilia being sold on all the markets now are fakes, copies, fantasy items or outright counterfeits.

Fakes, CS oval plate, "regulation", Confederate plates 144 to 147
 
The back in not the same color, first time I see this. The ones we sees getting out the soil are same color/material both sides, jmho.
 
I didn't buy it because I saw it and said no way. I wanted other opinions. Thanks guys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I did buy this dug box plate last week and I love it. IMG_1970.webpIMG_1971.webp


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom