Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RockHopper2 said:
SC4, the F can stand for final mark, the dash is direction to the right, because it is to the right of the F. The R is a distance of 21, unless the leg is not connected to the R on purpose, =42. When there is a gap in letters you double the value of the letter, sometimes. Now if there is a patron saint close to the F-R rock, change everything I just said to bible verses. Rocky
Just a question--How did you come up with the distance of 21? And you are measuring the distance using what, feet? yards? varas?
Thanks Rocky :hello:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RockHopper2 said:
SC4, R is the twenty first letter in the spanish alphabet. Rocky
:sign13: Oh, the Spanish alphabet.....I didn't think of that :read2: . I was trying to use our alphabet.
Thanks again, Rocky.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Your site seem's to be KGC, So you will need to use our modern alphabet. The signs and symbols are for the most part were used by everyone. I've been working a spanish site so long I was getting us both confused lol. Rocky

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RockHopper2 said:
You will also need a catholic bible printed before 1960, for your spanish site's, King James for the KGC sites. Rocky
We have been using the King James Bible (And also Strong's Concordance)--you wouldn't believe how this has helped!

turtlepower

Jan 17, 2011
I'm a newbie here and find this thread fantastic. My uncle grew-up in northeastern OK and used to tell us kids about the "turkey tracks" he found carved in the rocks in the hills above where he lived but he never found the end of the trail. He believed there was treasure up there somewhere but most of the family would just shake their heads and chuckle. I wish I could have talked to him more about it.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
turtlepower said:
I'm a newbie here and find this thread fantastic. My uncle grew-up in northeastern OK and used to tell us kids about the "turkey tracks" he found carved in the rocks in the hills above where he lived but he never found the end of the trail. He believed there was treasure up there somewhere but most of the family would just shake their heads and chuckle. I wish I could have talked to him more about it.
Well let me be the first to welcome you to TNet, turtlepower :hello: . And I'm glad to hear some more stories about NE Okla.----My grandpa always told us stories about 'turkey tracks' and treasure signs on rocks he found.
We have been working this site for a couple of months now---haven't found anything significant.....Yet! ;D Just lots of signs and symbols. I've got a couple more pics to post.
First is of a piece of chain(?) we found and second is of the tree Gertie said looked like it had something carved into the blaze----to me it doesn't look like anything is there, but see what you all think. There was a piece of barbed wire sticking out of the blaze.
And, Shortstack, that gunsight tree you asked about was just a trick played by the camera. It wasn't anything.
And as Old Dog suggested, we went back and looked at the wedge to see if there were any notches in the end, but again, nothing.
We also went and looked around the 'F-R' rock(as Rocky directed), detecting to the right of the rock, but didn't find anything.
There was something going on at this place---there are too many signs, but we just haven't found the right combination or followed the right path yet.
Pics:

Attachments

• 037 (2) (650x488).jpg
    037 (2) (650x488).jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 932
  • IMG_0197 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_0197 (650x488).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 919
  • IMG_0199 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_0199 (650x488).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_0200 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_0200 (650x488).jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_0201 (650x488).jpg
    IMG_0201 (650x488).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 913

Radigast

Greenie
Jan 8, 2011
I can tell you what that chain is. It is off of a drill. It was placed around two sprockets. One would be connected to the wheel of the plow, the other would be connected to a shaft which ran through a set of boxes on top of the plow. When the plow was pulled the wheels turned the sprockets and transferred the motion to the mechanism that metered out the seeds to be planted. The shaft has wheels which have spaces that pick up seeds. The wheels turn and drop the seeds into steel hoses that are attached the rear of the plow points which deposit the seeds into the ground. I could be wrong, but I do not think that these were used until there were steam tractors.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Radigast said:
I can tell you what that chain is. It is off of a drill. It was placed around two sprockets. One would be connected to the wheel of the plow, the other would be connected to a shaft which ran through a set of boxes on top of the plow. When the plow was pulled the wheels turned the sprockets and transferred the motion to the mechanism that metered out the seeds to be planted. The shaft has wheels which have spaces that pick up seeds. The wheels turn and drop the seeds into steel hoses that are attached the rear of the plow points which deposit the seeds into the ground. I could be wrong, but I do not think that these were used until there were steam tractors.
We aren't sure that the chain has any significance to this site....It was found near the first 'J' rock by the well. And it was just barely buried--part of it was visible. Could just be trash from the old homesite.
All the other iron pieces we've found seem to be farther away from the homesite--like the wedge, it was across the creek a good distance away with nothing else around.
I'm glad to know what that chain was used for, Radigast, because I hadn't seen another chain like it before.
Thank you :hello:

Radigast

Greenie
Jan 8, 2011
Glad to be of some use. I am new to all of this. I am just an old farm boy. I grew up using this kind of stuff. The first tractors I drove were as old or older than my dad, and he was borne in 1928. I doubt that that chain is more than a piece that broke off of a plow, especially if it were only partially buried.

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Found some things of interest(at least to us). The first is a rock with the initials/letters carved into it. Are these just actual initials or do you all think they mean something else?
Looks like F-R ?
This F-R rock rests on the side of a hill---perfect view of the whole valley below.
Maybe a person/watcher/lookout sat there and scratched his initials into this rock? But why the (-) dash between the initials? instead of a (.) dot?
The Gold King Mine: eight men were working this mine in 1933, which is two miles Southwest of Iowana. At the time, F.R. Mooney who was one of the owners reported that several tons of sorted ore was shipped containing $40 to $60 in gold and silver per ton. The mine produced 500 tons or more of ore averaging 1.0 oz. Au/T gold, 12oz. Ag/T with minor lead and copper values. THIS INFORMATION CAN FROM THE GOLD PROSPECTOR MAG. JULY/AUGUST ISSUE ON PAGE 90 BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER................... As far as where Iowana is I'm clueless on that, tried checking it out and found about forty different places, but I hope this helps you with the property...........................

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dtpost said:
sandcreek4 said:
Found some things of interest(at least to us). The first is a rock with the initials/letters carved into it. Are these just actual initials or do you all think they mean something else?
Looks like F-R ?
This F-R rock rests on the side of a hill---perfect view of the whole valley below.
Maybe a person/watcher/lookout sat there and scratched his initials into this rock? But why the (-) dash between the initials? instead of a (.) dot?
The Gold King Mine: eight men were working this mine in 1933, which is two miles Southwest of Iowana. At the time, F.R. Mooney who was one of the owners reported that several tons of sorted ore was shipped containing $40 to $60 in gold and silver per ton. The mine produced 500 tons or more of ore averaging 1.0 oz. Au/T gold, 12oz. Ag/T with minor lead and copper values. THIS INFORMATION CAN FROM THE GOLD PROSPECTOR MAG. JULY/AUGUST ISSUE ON PAGE 90 BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER................... As far as where Iowana is I'm clueless on that, tried checking it out and found about forty different places, but I hope this helps you with the property...........................
That's some neat info, dtpost. I'll research some of that stuff and see what I come up with. 500 TONS of ore---Dang! ;D
Appreciate it! :hello:

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
dtpost said:
sandcreek4 said:
Looks like F-R ?
That's some neat info, dtpost. I'll research some of that stuff and see what I come up with. 500 TONS of ore---Dang! ;D
Appreciate it! :hello:
Just found out the Gold King Mine is in Arizona, but could be the same guy............

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked my copy of Oklahoma Place Names, by George H. Shirk, and there is no Iowana listed. I did a bing search and it gave an Iowana Beach in Minnesota and a couple of Iowana references for Iowa.
Not saying that's the end-all info, but it's a pretty good indication.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
I just checked my copy of Oklahoma Place Names, by George H. Shirk, and there is no Iowana listed. I did a bing search and it gave an Iowana Beach in Minnesota and a couple of Iowana references for Iowa.
Not saying that's the end-all info, but it's a pretty good indication.
I've never heard of a town named 'Iowana' in this area either, shortstack. We'll take any and all info and file it with the other clues, though.
I wish this darn snow would melt off and the temps would get above 0 degrees, so we can go back and look somemore.
Thanks dtpost and shortstack---you guys are great!! :icon_thumright:

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandcreek,
here is a possible solution to your FR rock - although I don't study KGC - they used some of the same principles of the code used by the Spanish. Since this pretty much straight forward and consisting of 4 signs, this solution is worth a try.
P1140044 -Resized fr rangler marked.jpg

here you have the F pointing [south it looks like] but then you have the "R" which reverses the direction to North. Superimposed over the R, is a Bird Design, Then overlaid over that is a Capital letter "G" pretty much means gold in my book. [it could mean add '7' to the 33! ]So....
it might be saying go North 33 yards,steps,paces,varas, ect-dig down18"[R] and find next marker. Maybe there are those on this forum that are more familiar with what a default measurement unit would be, I am just guessing 'yard'.

When you dig down and find an object, photograph it with the compass oriented to north
take this compass degree. The object will be pointing.

The reason for the dash, is to let you know it is a separate 'unit'- the F points, but the R reveres' this entire rock. so don't add them together - take them separately [only unknown is does the reverse r also mean to add them after all?] field work will prove this out.
hope this may help..
rangler
the only KFC I know comes with secret spices!
ps: the chain you found is significant only in that is was oriented N/S that was not accidental in my never to be humble opinion!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rangler said:
Sand creek,
here is a possibler solution to your FR rock - although I dont study KGC - they used some of the same principles of the code used by the Spanish. Since this pretty much straight forward and consisting of 4 signs, this solution is worth a try.
I thought there was a little more the the FR rock that just those two letters----the 'R' looked funny to me.
What does a 'G' mean, rangler? Is that suggesting a distance of 7 yards/feet/ect.? And is that a bird that you found?
The complexity of these people is mind boggling :tard: !
Thanks Rangler! :hello:

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
sandcreek,
this earlier photo of yours shows a black dog, and perhaps an Owl, also the hoyo is good to find, as a confirmation mark. It looks square and is small, indicating it might be a sight hoyo.

I can't quite confirm the owl as this pic is at an angle, so if you take a pic of it from the front -square- on I am pretty sure you have the Owl...

Attachments

• IMG_8285 (650x433) sandcreek dog-owl marked rangler.jpg
    IMG_8285 (650x433) sandcreek dog-owl marked rangler.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 685

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
sandcreek
here is your original photo of the J7 rock,
to me, this is saying:

Judges chapter 7 : ...And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak

So this might be after the fact, since it looks like you found something near the oak? But it is always nice to reverse engineer things in order to learn the lessons taught.
auriferiously
rangler

How are the things of Esau searched out! How are his hidden treasures sought out! ....Obadiah 1:6

Attachments

• IMG_8286 (650x433) J7 marked rangler.jpg
    IMG_8286 (650x433) J7 marked rangler.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 685

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread