Dog Tag Cache ?

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow melted yesterday and the temperature wasn't bad so I shot out for a quick hunt in my yard.....found an old dog tag for my dog tag collection. Nice.
IMG_20211201_162622143.jpg

Today I went back to the spot I found it and proceeded to dig up 10 more.......plus the spoon, which was likely used in their burial.....weird huh. You just never know what your going to find, no doubt. I doubled my dog tag collection in a single hole. Ha ha. The tags run from 1956 and 1958

IMG_20211202_120225592.jpg

Upvote 6

paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I actually had a very similar experience in a yard I detected. I found five tags that ranged from the 1950's to 1970's in a very small area of a backyard. They were pretty shallow so I didn't think I had disturbed burial spots, and I showed the owner and he recognized them as belonging to a couple of their dogs over the years. As it turned out where I had found them was the favorite napping spot for all of their dogs so maybe that's why your tags were clustered together too.

BTW, the owner was very excited to see them and I was glad to return them to him since they were all dogs that their kids had loved while they were growing up.

tobaticbuck

May 18, 2015
Hayward, wisc.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow melted yesterday and the temperature wasn't bad so I shot out for a quick hunt in my yard.....found an old dog tag for my dog tag collection. Nice.
View attachment 1994380

Today I went back to the spot I found it and proceeded to dig up 10 more.......plus the spoon, which was likely used in their burial.....weird huh. You just never know what your going to find, no doubt. I doubled my dog tag collection in a single hole. Ha ha. The tags run from 1956 and 1958

View attachment 1994381
Nice find, never know what your going to dig up anywhere

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1994380

View attachment 1994381
cool and kinda creepy. Well done. You didn't find any bones did you?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1994380

View attachment 1994381
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread