smaller end - one side has a slight indentation that is very smooth
some staining - other side has more brownish red staining and is also smooth
I have big hands - but stone fits with small end between thumb and forefinger
comfortably - wondered if it could have been used to grind corn - found in colonial town corn field
if positioned with finger in smooth grove - could they have used this to nap?
second stone was found near by - out of ordinary so I picked up too
it has reddish brown staining on one end too
never noticed but it looks like something on other side
the point and pieces of points were found within 20 yards of these to stones
no other rocks near by - some flint flakes and small chips found around area too
I study geology for a few yrs - these just do not like naturally formed stones to me
look like some one used them for something
also found a home made spoon out of copper in same area - will take pics in someone wants
to see - dont know if it is something indian tried to make from copying a colonial one
the outside form is cut edges - which I dont know how they would have done
unless they borrowed some snips - but the bowl of spoon is what interested me
it was pound by something small many times to form
will find and take a pic