Dont know what it is, maybe you can help?

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know what it is, maybe you can help?

I found this item a couple of weeks ago while on vacation in south east Washington state. I was visiting a friends aunt where she has lived for the last 93 years (she was actually born in the house that we stayed in). They farm several hundred acres of wheat and I was able to hunt around the homested. Was Only able to spend a couple of hours MDing, and I found lots of iron and steel pieces probably used to or dudring the fixing of farm equipment. Also found lots of old tin and aluminum cans. The pictured item was the only odd thing I found, but I am unable to ID it. If I had to take a guess i think I looks like a piece from a womans fancy belt. As you can see it has a spot on each side for connecting it to something and in the middle is a mermaid tail with the head of what looks to be a dragon. Also looks to be some Chinese writing on it but cant say for sure. Would appreciate any thoughts you might have. IMG_0483.jpg IMG_0482.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a Japanese dancer holding a fan. Maybe it's part of a sash belt. Cool Find! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Buttons/tokens with almost the exact "geisha with fan" design have been posted on TNet before (I just can't find the threads...)

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like a Japanese dancer holding a fan. Maybe it's part of a sash belt. Cool Find! :thumbsup:

Correct. Geisha link belt. Early 20th C. Similar to this:

347.jpg

yaxthri is also correct. Someone posted a button with the exact image on it a few weeks ago. The characters (writing) are made to look like kanji but are jibberish.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread