What's new

Dont know what this is for sure,, Help

traviswells

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 2, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

I went and got my 50 bucks worth of halves, and got 1 64,90%and this 1984p but if you look at the pic there is a 1960 on the left and 1980 on the right of the neck like it has been stamped in, , the edge looks silver what have I FOUND a silver proof maybe?
 

Attachments

  • halves 027.webp
    halves 027.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 286
  • halves 026.webp
    halves 026.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

traviswells said:
I went and got my 50 bucks worth of halves, and got 1 64,90%and this 1984p but if you look at the pic there is a 1960 on the left and 1980 on the right of the neck like it has been stamped in, , the edge looks silver what have I FOUND a silver proof maybe?
I don't think the 84p is silver or proof. It looks like an after market product. Probably hand stamped and then chrome or silver plated. I have seen both. (even gold plated)

I think if the mint mark was S it would be proof or proof & silver.
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

Might have been a door prize one time for a 20 anniversary thingy.. I've seen a bunch of them over the last couple years.

Chris
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

I would keep it just incase! :) It might be worth something in the future :)
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

It is a plated aftermarket product that a company had made and sold as a novelty item. Many of them have been found by CRHing, I have found about a dozen or so, and put them back in circulation.
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

i found one this week too.
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

It is an after mintage creation by somebody.

DW
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

These were made to commemorate the 20 Anniversary of Kennedy's presidency. They issued another bunch stamped 1960 1985 for the 25th anniversary. Someone posted a copy of the original ad for them a while back, not sure of the link to it.
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

I got one last week.
It sure did look cool but, I tossed it into the coin counter so someone else can enjoy it.
Dan
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

I kept them at first. I get tired of seeing them now. I threw all of them back into the wild at one point.

I do keep the nice gold bicentennials. I give those as small gifts sometimes. People think they are cool I guess because they are bicentennial and gold plated.

Jim
 
Re: Don't know what this is for sure,, Help

I just got one of those today!!!! Mine is gold plated.
 

Attachments

  • 2-6-09 (3).webp
    2-6-09 (3).webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 2-6-09 (3).webp
    2-6-09 (3).webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom