Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you give more details so we don't mess up?

Thanks! Makes sense now.
Just report the spam. We are being hit hard by Chinese spammers daily, we catch 99% of them, but a couple will occasionally get through.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw those come blasting through last evening. I just left them alone. Didn’t make any sense.

Many start out just posting random letter and couple numbers, example g59, R17 ect which bypasses spam filters and then they return and fill in the Chinese spam so if you see threads with just random letter and couple numbers report it too.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You i know by name, But again if someone new or just unfamiliar to me, May get Banned for life with all there posts deleted since these spammers dont stop with one or 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They usually get through late in the evening. Long paragraphs of Chinese characters. Impossible to miss.
Usually after I go to bed and before Jeff wakes up. TNMountains catches a lot of them during that time.
You i know by name, But again if someone new or just unfamiliar to me, May get Banned for life with all there posts deleted since these spammers dont stop with one or 2
Luckily, I can remove lifetime bans if an accident happens we don't have to get admins assistance.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report 1 post? Or report each post... same spammer most of the time.
If the same spammer then just need one report, but it's not a big deal if we receive more than 1 report on the same spammer.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report 1 post? Or report each post... same spammer most of the time.
During this last attack I reported the User Name, saved time.

On another detecting forum I moderate on we are getting lots of spammers, but the Admins are catching most before they can register. These hits are coming from all over the globe, not just China!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread