enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't really posted anything but thought everyone would like this. Anyway, a teller called last Friday and said a woman had turned in some coins her husband had collected over the years. I picked up some cents she had and turned in any other denominations and she said another teller had bought all of the dimes and quarters for her "sons" collection. There was silver. I started checking the rolls when I got home and one of them didn't look quite right. I opened it and couldn't believe my eyes! Not only were there wheaties, but also 2 war nickels and 8 mercs! Didn't find anymore silver, but did find two more rolls of wheaties. Went back today and bought the rest of the cents and all of the nickels she turned in. Found two more war nickels in those. Still have to look at the rest of the cents. I'll let you know what I find. Now more good news. The teller told me she would call if she brings in more (also promising to stash the silver away for me if she brings more in)!
HH
Enamel7

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hearing about great finds from tellers. Who says being nice doesn't pay off. Nice work enamel

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough competition at every turn. But, congrats on what you did get!

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't really posted anything but thought everyone would like this. Anyway, a teller called last Friday and said a woman had turned in some coins her husband had collected over the years. I picked up some cents she had and turned in any other denominations and she said another teller had bought all of the dimes and quarters for her "sons" collection. There was silver. I started checking the rolls when I got home and one of them didn't look quite right. I opened it and couldn't believe my eyes! Not only were there wheaties, but also 2 war nickels and 8 mercs! Didn't find anymore silver, but did find two more rolls of wheaties. Went back today and bought the rest of the cents and all of the nickels she turned in. Found two more war nickels in those. Still have to look at the rest of the cents. I'll let you know what I find. Now more good news. The teller told me she would call if she brings in more (also promising to stash the silver away for me if she brings more in)!
HH
Enamel7

Nice.. keep us updated

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough competition at every turn. But, congrats on what you did get!

Very true bag lady. My area is being pounded by hunters lately. Always seem to just be missing the halves the teller had. That's why forming good relationships with tellers like enamel did pays off.

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the tellers I speak to keep what they find.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still working on the first $25. Should finish tonight. Have found some goodies.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: Found 189 wheaties in the $25 along with the mercs and war nics. Also found:
1964 DDR
1968d rpm
1960d rpm.
Working on the other $40 now.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a few in the 1930's.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished the other $40. Gave up a total of 4 wheaties, a 1995 doubled die and an 89 doubled die.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the collection dump and the errors. Quick question Enamel, slighty off topic. What do you use to check for the error coins. I've been checking on line for a USB microscope and was curious what others use.

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a scope, but I generally just use a 14X loupe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread