✊🏻 DOOR KNOCKING SECRETS! - PROPERTY OWNERS ALL SAID YES - EPIC METAL DETECTING DAY!

SilverChirp

Mar 21, 2016
State of Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
✊🏻 DOOR KNOCKING SECRETS! - PROPERTY OWNERS ALL SAID YES - EPIC METAL DETECTING DAY!

Hope all is well!

🎬 In this video Andrew and Virginia take you along on a typical metal detecting day. A small town is surveyed and door knocking techniques are discussed and demonstrated. 👀 They pick the 4 oldest houses in the town. The results were 4 out of 4 said "YES". Oh yeah... one yard is EPIC! 🎬

So, SADDLE UP and JOIN the BANDWAGON cause you’re in for a informative treat! RATED E for EVERYONE! 🤠

Take care and stay safe,
-SilverChirp

Upvote 3

NapervilleDan

Dec 29, 2019
Naperville, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. “ For you CTX users out there, if you get an overload signal, it’s probably a bathtub....”.

That made laugh.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger and went asking permission with my cute girlfriend I got more positive replies than when I went asking with my male hunting buddy. I find permission in my area much harder to get as a senior citizen hunting solo but I think it also has to do with the fact that there are so many more people hunting these days.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post story and photos . This site isn’t for getting YouTube hits . Geez

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just walk up to the front door with a roll of toilet paper. Works every time.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post story and photos . This site isn’t for getting YouTube hits . Geez

I've learnt these people are not interested in interacting on TNet.
I don't normally watch any video, but I watched (to help them, breaking my usual habit) a couple of their most reason UK Trips & helped ID their finds which they had no clue of. I didn't even get an acknowledgement.
All they want from Tnet is a re-direction to UTube where they really focus their effort. This is a fire & forget place for them, bet they have a few more forums as well!
They used to post pictures on here when we badgered them about it, now they have fallen back into bad habits.
I still believe this type activity is not in the spirit of the Community that we have built here, & I've asked Tnet to find a Forum for Vid's only, then those that like UTube can seek them out instead of people like me wasting a click!

Last edited:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice video guys.

Yeah much easier to ask for permission when you have a lady with you.

You remind me of my wife and I. She swings the etrac alot to.

Jer

OP
OP
SilverChirp

SilverChirp

Mar 21, 2016
State of Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've learnt these people are not interested in interacting on TNet.
I don't normally watch any video, but I watched (to help them, breaking my usual habit) a couple of their most reason UK Trips & helped ID their finds which they had no clue of. I didn't even get an acknowledgement.
All they want from Tnet is a re-direction to UTube where they really focus their effort. This is a fire & forget place for them, bet they have a few more forums as well!
They used to post pictures on here when we badgered them about it, now they have fallen back into bad habits.
I still believe this type activity is not in the spirit of the Community that we have built here, & I've asked Tnet to find a Forum for Vid's only, then those that like UTube can seek them out instead of people like me wasting a click!

Sorry if we offended you guys. This will be our last video post on TreasureNet.

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Click bait.
Title says door knockin secrets.
I was expecting a vid showing someone door knockin and showing us the magic secret of always getting permission.
Stupid me.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SilverChirp, it's not so much that people are offended. I believe most Tnet members
would rather read the story and view the images.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if we offended you guys. This will be our last video post on TreasureNet.

We are not offended... We are a "family"... a group of like minded individuals who have no problem with you joining us.

But when you post a video and split without any further interaction... you made / make it feel like click bait.

Which does more harm than good.

Try staying awhile instead... post some good pics... interact with other members.

Never know... you may just be accepted and get WAY more hits than you think.

:)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
✊🏻 DOOR KNOCKING SECRETS! - PROPERTY OWNERS ALL SAID YES - EPIC METAL DETECT...

We are not offended... We are a "family"... a group of like minded individuals who have no problem with you joining us.

But when you post a video and split without any further interaction... you made / make it feel like click bait.

Which does more harm than good.

Try staying awhile instead... post some good pics... interact with other members.

Never know... you may just be accepted and get WAY more hits than you think.

:)

I’m all about the pics, or even a short video featuring a live dig that’s a minute or less long. But a full video I will almost never watch.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not offended by videos either. I just don't have the time to watch them.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Don’t drive a vehicle that’s 20 years old”..... “Don’t wear a hoodie”.... I gotta admit, my vehicle is a 2002 (quick math-18 yrs old)...AND, I wear a hoodie!! And I get tons of permissions. I’m courteous, honest and forthcoming. I have watched every video you’ve posted here, they’re interesting, well edited and even the longer ones hold my attention. I am always interested to pick up tips on permissions....and found out that you need to own a local business, drive said business vehicle, and don’t wear hoodies that by the way have shielded me from many cold, rainy, sleety days so I didn’t have to seek shelter in my 18 year old vehicle. This was the first of your videos I’ve not enjoyed. I do own a newer vehicle, but I’m sure many of us will agree, my daily is my war wagon, holds my gear, muddy boots, Horton’s cups etc... Ddf

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No response ? ? ?

welp... that was that.

Forget em if they don't know.

Guess we were right... just spamming the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions